1 Gallon Fuge

balltung75

Is a one gallon fuge acceptable for my 10 gallon tank?? Ive seen people making them from the aqua clear filters so i figured it would be. I bought a 1 gallon acrylic tank for 10 dollars from walmart (hood and all) and i am going to connect it to my main tank using an extra empty filter. The filter will bring water from the main tank to the fuge and then gravity will bring it back to the main tank...ill add some sand and 1 lb live rock and i have a fuge good idear?? bad idear?? im a newb

thangbom

.... the idea in itself would work.. but.. a 1 gal fuge is kinda small for a tank.. unless it's a nano.. then it could work.. imo

E

exile415

why 1gallon for 10dollars ? you can get a $10, ten gallon tank at petc0

nm reef

The addition of a refugium is always a positive if it is properly set up and established. But....if you are going to establish one why go so small. Due to the size of a 1 gal refugium you'd be limiting the effectiveness...and the small size alone will limit the benefits a refugium can provide.I agree that establishing one can be a great idea...but I'd sure consider a larger refugium in order to better improve its benefits.

balltung75

Ive already spent alot so im trying to save where I can. Also a 10 gallons is only 9.99 buy the light will be much more so i decided to get this. Also, what about all the people making a fuge out of and aqua clear filter? that cant be bigger than what im trying to do.

balltung75

Well im in the middle of making it anyhow, and i came across a question.....do i need filtration on the fuge?? im thinking no

balltung75

well it worked and its up and running, i cut a small ridge on the acrylic tank so that as the tank fills from the filter it falls through the ridge back into the main tank......IT WORKS!!!