1 gallon nano...NEED help!

microman2k

well i just got a 1 gallon desktop nano for Christmas...i wanted something that i oculd look at while i am on the computer...well i already used some water from my other tanks so its already cycled and has some live rock...but what cani put in it? its got a light for corals...well the place we got it had corals under this light:notsure: its 7 watts...thanks for the help!

mrmashashi

lol 1g seems WAY too small for fish. Maybe if it was a 5g but I don't know. I don't have a ton of knowledge in nano but a fish in a 1g seems crazy.

bigarn

Originally posted by microman2k
i want a fish tho...a shrimp goby and a pistol shrimp would be perfect or is it too small:nervous:

Sorry :nope: IMO... to small. :D

microman2k

awww well that sucks...so what exactly can i put in it? corals? a shrimp mabey? hey! how about some neon gobies!! or are they too big too?

vibe

ok ive done this before. its harder than it seems. first off, try and see if you can find a small pc bulb that will fit the the light fixture and not be to powerful for it to handle (this is for looks really because the standard bulb is kind of...yellow. the problem is that algea grows to fast with the standard bulb and cleaning it is kind of a pain do to lack of space to manuver. also you will end up adding water daily and water temperature may be a problem. however i have found a way around the water level and temperature problems. i put 2 ice cubes in daily. works perfectly but you have to make your own with r/o water. you can even mix calcium in with your homemade cubes if you wish as well.
hope my advice helps.

vibe

btw, no fish! pepermint shrimp, 2 maybe 3 snails, 1 maybe 2 blue leg hermits. live rock and small frags of soft corals is what i suggest

arehay

I agree with the shrimp and snail idea. Ive always tried to abide by the 1 inch per gallon rule. Though I have not always held true to that. Im sure you want some sort of movement but I just think the quality of fish could have in a 1 gallon tank is minimal at best. I would say a slug but its hard to get the proper water in something so small. Good luck.

vibe

oh btw mine is a .5 gallon, not 1 gallon, so just add like 1 onto everything that i said. good luck!:joy: