1 gallon

lionfish99

what could i put in a 1 gallon tank, I was thinkin an anenome (if there is a small enough one. and an anenome shrimp. Just a third aquarium by my bed for kicks!

thejdshow

wow, thats wild. Be sure to send a pic of that! I would imagine it being very hard to keep the water quality good in a 1 gal tank. the smallest amount of water evaperation could have huge effects on your salinity. Also any waste products could potentialy polute your water very rapidly. Keep me posted.
Good Luck!
*JD

T

tuningvis

no way
edit:
i'm sure it could be possible but that is a very diff. task

lionfish99

Hey it was just a thought no need to laugh. lol I just found my old tank from my freshwater days (that you can laugh at) and I wanted to make it marine

S

skysmom

I have a 2.5g and everyone told me that it would be hard to keep the water quality decent. I have had no problems with it at all. I was testing every day, and everything stayed the same, so I have lengthened the time between testings so that I am now testing when I top off the tank, every 3 or 4 days. I have a cleaner shrimp, a scarlet hermit, a cerith snail, and 2 other unidentified hermits in there, with about 2 lbs of LR, and about 3 lbs of LS.

thejdshow

i'm not saying its not possible, but I am saying that it would be a pain in the... You would have to pay very close attention to detail, say a fish died. It would polute the water extremely fast, and you would have to catch things like that almost instantly. I hope your success continues........

S

skysmom

We just are not really planning on adding any fish to it, if we do, not until closer to winter time, when we are not vacationing as much. And also, if we do, it will probably be a neon goby, and only will be in there long enough to get a new setup cycled.