1 month old 75 gal

spanko

Nice rockwork. Lot of stuff in there for 1 month old. Did it all come from another tank?

btwk12

thats some nice live rock did it come like that? and how many pounds the tank looks full of it. it looks good

biotank14

thanks alot. i bought the lr off a local guy that was parting out his tank. i have about 120lbs. got it all for $100. i just got the sail fin and yellow tang yesterday. the clown i brought over from my 14gal bio cube.and a flame hawk.Anyone have ideas how to get off the white lines in my tank? you can see them in a couple pics.i think they are from the salt when i was mixing it. i tried every thing.. any help would be great. thanks allen

aquaguy24

did u say this is a 1 month old tank...imo u are moving waay to fast...those two tangs won't last to long in there...that sailfin tang looks like its been fighting with the yellow tang and its getting its fin all cut up..i'd like to see this tank in a month or two...no offence thats just want i think....

aquaguy's right. a 75 is way too big for a sailfin. a 75 is too big for a zebrasoma. together you have a recipe for diaster. i advise removing the sailfin. also, watch the anemone, its not recomended to put one in a tank that new.

also, i think i saw an urchin in that clown pic. theyre notorious for eating purple algae. sorry for being the bearer of bad news.

biotank14

Ok wait and see then but they will be fine.. I have been doing this for awhile now so i think i know what im doing.. thanks for all the kind words.!and what are you talking about a 75 in to big for a sailfin? are you dumb?and they are not fighting the sailfin got stuck in the net.and messed his fins up!

kaingers

You scored a great deal on the rock, looks great! I would recommend taking the Salfin out. With the amount of water that is being displaced by the 120 #'s of rock, you probably have closer to 60 gallons or less of water. Salfins require a lot of swimming room and space to grow. I have never kept either a yellow or a salfin, but from what I read you need a minimum of 120 gallons for a salfin to be healthy and disease free.

biotank14

Thanks they are doing fine so far. And when i put "1 month old" i meant i month after my cycle. so my tank is about 2-1/2 months old now.

Originally Posted by biotank14
http:///forum/post/2728763
Ok wait and see then but they will be fine.. I have been doing this for awhile now so i think i know what im doing.. thanks for all the kind words.!and what are you talking about a 75 in to big for a sailfin? are you dumb?and they are not fighting the sailfin got stuck in the net.and messed his fins up!
youre right i am dumb. everyone knows that a sixteen inch fish can fit in a 48x18 inch tang. its simple physics. what does it matter if it cant turn around once you put an aquascape in it (again, simple physics).

kevin mcrae

Originally Posted by niskyvaulter
http:///forum/post/2735622
youre right i am dumb. everyone knows that a sixteen inch fish can fit in a 48x18 inch tang. its simple physics. what does it matter if it cant turn around once you put an aquascape in it (again, simple physics).
Not sure what your looking at but the fish isn't 16 inches long.
Its like putting a baby in a crib, well eventually your "baby" isn't going to fit in the crib.
I have a yellow tang in a 40 gallon and it is doing just fine, it can zip across full speed at this size. No problems turning around. Eventually it will go into a 120 but at this size it is fine.
I've heard enough of this tang crap. If the tang is a adult in a smaller tank I can understand people complaining but at this size it shouldn't be a problem.

biotank14

Originally Posted by Oceansidefish
http:///forum/post/2736178
What kind of equipment you got in that bad boy???? Just asking....
ok to start out i have a 75gal rr oceanic w/ a plus 75 series sump oceanic. nova extreme sundial t-5 4x54.sealife systems skimmer, 1-Koralia 3 (i need another one).and a 1200gph sump pump(forgot the brand).