1 RBT Anemone is almost 2!

ser-specv

So my RBTA is finally splitting! It's CRAZY to see it happen in real time and in real life! I couldn't believe my eyes! It'll probably be completely separated by tomorrow morning.

Damn, within 20 mins of taking the above pic, it's completely apart now!!! CRAZY!!!

The clown fish are confused... they are like which one do I host?! LoL!

kpclown

Congrats, reproduction is a clear cut sign of successful husbandry! In this case in the form of asexual reproduction. Anemones are difficult to care for let alone getting the conditions right for them to split. How long have you had the Anemone and what is your system like?

ser-specv

Originally Posted by KPclown
http:///forum/post/3245752
Congrats, reproduction is a clear cut sign of successful husbandry! In this case in the form of asexual reproduction. Anemones are difficult to care for let alone getting the conditions right for them to split. How long have you had the Anemone and what is your system like?
Thanks! I've had it for about 4-5 month. It has actually split into 3 now! I think it's gonna split 1 more time to end with a total 4!!! CRAZY!
I got a 46gal with T-5s. I haven't tested my water parameters in a while since it's been running stable for a long time. but the last time i tested everything was in range. The thanks been up for about 8 month. I feed it seafood mix every other day.

fretfreak13

Just curious, how long did it take to split from them time when (and if) you noticed more than one mouth? My pink tipped GBTA has had two mouths for about a month an a half now. o_O

ser-specv

as requested, below is my FTS. All three RBTA babies are doing very well! :)
Fretfreak12,
It only took a couple of days from when i noticed it was gonna split. It started moving around and then a couple of days later it started to stretch itself in 2. It only took a day for it to completely split and then the next day it split again.