1 year update

75bownut

Well here is my 72 gallon bowfront 1 year in , and all is fine , just like to say thanks to the few out there that have helped out! Enjoy

75bownut

Ill put up better and more pics if there is interest. :)

fishygurl

I also have a 72 gal. Bowfront but mine is a drilled (i dont think yours was from the pictures?)
I just want to know what fish you put in their and how many inverts you have like how many snail,crabs,shrimp,starfish,etc. You have or are planning on getting.
What type of filtration stuff do you have and what lights?

75bownut

Originally Posted by FishyGurl
I also have a 72 gal. Bowfront but mine is a drilled (i dont think yours was from the pictures?)
I just want to know what fish you put in their and how many inverts you have like how many snail,crabs,shrimp,starfish,etc. You have or are planning on getting.
What type of filtration stuff do you have and what lights?
My tank is not drilled, I have a yellow tang , a blue hippo tang, a false perc clown, to true perc clowns that are mated, a blue green chromis, and a bicolor blenny, I have 1 sand sifting star, 1 black sea urchant, 1 pepermint shrimp, about 20 algea hernmit crabs(blue leg), 2 turbo snails. I dont plan on adding anything more to this tank, It is my belief with a coral (reef tank) that you shouldnt keep anymore fish than 1 per 10 gallons,(seems to work very well for me. Also have about 15 different coral, and have about 100lbs of live rock along with a 10 gallon refugium tank. A euro reef skimmer, a tide pool 2 filter box, numerous pumps and power heads, about 140 lbs? of live sand. My lighting is 2x250 hqi metal halide 15k xm bulbs. That box on the back you see is a skilter that I only use to circulate the water to get a nice shimmer on the water, as a skimmer it is worthless.

75bownut

Originally Posted by UK CATS
Real nice 75bownut. Awesome setup. Beautiful tank.
Thank you, takes time and $$$$$ the more time you have , the less $$$ it will cost you> ;)

mrdc

Looks great. My one year mark is one month away so I will have to post some anniversary pics when the time comes.

oceanwaves

That is wonderful. Mine is almost 8 months now. I think I have to get
rid of the hogfish. It's causing aggression in my clown. I have a 75 gallon.
I would love to add coral. How did you go about adding it in the
beginning? I'm taking it slow with the fish.

reef diver

beautiful, what is the coral in the very top. ME im 4 months in, and planning a refuge around christmas, do u have any tips on feeding your star polyps?

75bownut

Originally Posted by zanoshanox
Beautiful tank! I like it a lot. Got any close ups?
no close up yet , my camera is kinda on the fritz, but i will get some when I figure out whats up with this thing lol :notsure:

75bownut

Originally Posted by OceanWaves
That is wonderful. Mine is almost 8 months now. I think I have to get
rid of the hogfish. It's causing aggression in my clown. I have a 75 gallon.
I would love to add coral. How did you go about adding it in the
beginning? I'm taking it slow with the fish.
Yes buy all means , take it slooooooooowwwwww, you cant go wrong!

75bownut

Originally Posted by sleasia
very nice!!! your tank is fabulous!! thanks for posting the pics

Thank you for the wonderful comment!

75bownut

Originally Posted by Reef Diver
beautiful, what is the coral in the very top. ME im 4 months in, and planning a refuge around christmas, do u have any tips on feeding your star polyps?
The coral on top is a type of leather coral, dont know what kind. As far as the star polyps, I have never per say given them food, I just do a 10% water change every 2 weeks.