10 gallon lighting

dwendler4

hey guys, i have a 75 gallon that has been up and running for about year now. a while back i kicked around the idea of starting a 10 gallon reef. well im gonna do it now. someone gave me a suggestion for a good light source for a 10 gallon that was only like 30 bucks. it may have been a PC light. does anyone know anything about what i could be thinking of? also, any suggestions for a small MH setup for a 10 gallon?
thanks for any info.

nycbob

even mh for a 10 gallon will run u $150-200. u can try the viper clip mh. it comes w 75w or 150w version.

sigeia

Originally Posted by dwendler4
hey guys, i have a 75 gallon that has been up and running for about year now. a while back i kicked around the idea of starting a 10 gallon reef. well im gonna do it now. someone gave me a suggestion for a good light source for a 10 gallon that was only like 30 bucks. it may have been a PC light. does anyone know anything about what i could be thinking of? also, any suggestions for a small MH setup for a 10 gallon?
thanks for any info.
This is what I use on my 10 gallon reef
Coralife 20 Inch Aqualight With 1-96W 50/50 4-Tube
Square Pin Base (with fans) $89.99

dwendler4

i googled that and i am coming up with some links that show me two different products. well, they are exactly the same, just one has all white bulbs, the other has 2 white, 2 blue bulbs...
what is the difference? obviously the one with the blues has some blue in it, but is it less intense or.... powerful or whatever the word is? forgive me i am kinda new to the whole high power light thing. which do you recommend i go form all white or half and half?

teen

pc lighting isnt very strong anyway, so i would go with half blue and half white.

or you could go with a 20" inch orbit compact fluorescent 80 watts 24 hour light system. as a matter of fact i have one for sale used but with new bulbs . pm me