10 Gallon Picture Series

T

tuningvis

if i remember correctly he got the rock out of his lagoon

bang guy

Originally Posted by Harial
what kind of rock did you use and where can i get it?
It was just dry "Reef Bones" that I placed in my Lagoon for a few weeks.

S

sonicboom1

want to sell some of that rock if its that color because i want it!

laddy

So Bang,
Four months with a nano running in your labratory and you haven't come to any conclusions? I find that hard to believe. Give us your thoughts so far.

bang guy

Originally Posted by Laddy
So Bang,
Four months with a nano running in your labratory and you haven't come to any conclusions? I find that hard to believe. Give us your thoughts so far.
They heat up faster - they cool down faster. A precision heater is required to maintain a steady temp.
Without auto topoff the salinity can rise at a frightening rate.
Without using limewater Calcium and ALK are nearly impossible to keep stable.
Conclusion: Nanos are far more difficult that large reef systems.
Lighting and Waterflow is easier but significantly more expensive watt per gallon wise.

f1shman

Frag City sweetness that one rock looks like a little coral city. And those are some of the most beautiful and colorful clownfish I've ever seen. You ever sell any of your clownfish's babies? I'd be intrested

bang guy

Originally Posted by F1shMan
those are some of the most beautiful and colorful clownfish I've ever seen. You ever sell any of your clownfish's babies? I'd be intrested

I have been told the same by every fish store I have sold my Clownfish to. I agree, I got really really lucky with coloring. About half of them continue to add more & more black as they mature.
I current;y have an exclusive contract with a single store for my Clownfish. I get a premium price and he gets the best looking Ocellaris around.
When I open my own store I'll be sure to start selling them.

bang guy

Originally Posted by zenway9
Love the purple...do you use Purple Up?
Limewater and I swap out a gallon of water a week. I credit the VHO lighting and the limewater for the coralline.

debbie

How many pounds or rock do you have in this tank?
Is the rock against the glass at the back or more in the center of the tank?
Looks great.....

nemo lover

Sweet!
How did you do your background? is it Painted in different colors?
I agree with your conclusions.
The only thing I do different is I add a AB type additive for my Calcium and Alk, and of course my lr didn't come from your wonderful lagoon.