10 Gallon Reef Tank

feathers212

Just added a cabbage leather over the weekend:
Cabbage Leather

Sammy - watchman goby

Whole Tank

I've also picked up an AquaClear that will be converted into a fuge.
Still having troubles with the Rio Nano Skimmer. It is skimming, but still pouring microbubbles into the tank as seen in the pics. Still trying to get it fine tuned.....I have heard something about a rubber piece needing to be pulled out? Any thoughts?

emonemo

I love how you can see the insane growth of your kenya tree in the pictures. from a tiny bush to a wise old tree. nice work.
You using any supplements?

feathers212

Originally Posted by EmoNemo
I love how you can see the insane growth of your kenya tree in the pictures. from a tiny bush to a wise old tree. nice work.
You using any supplements?
Thanks! I think the first pics of it were right after I added it to the tank, so I think it was shy to start. But it has definitely grown a bit over the past month. I have noticed some growth on the branches...and hope for a lot more. I know they can start dropping branches like crazy and spread across the tank. I hope that it gets bigger (and I'm sure the boyfriend would be more than happy to have some frags added to his 29g).
As for supplements, we spot feed our corals every 3 days with frozen Cyclop-Eeze. I also add a few drops of Kent Calcium every other week or so (when my Calcium levels seem a bit low).

N

nemo_66

do you feed Cyclop-Eeze to all your corals? how about fish? just want to know cuase i want growth like that! lol

feathers212

Originally Posted by Nemo_66
do you feed Cyclop-Eeze to all your corals? how about fish? just want to know cuase i want growth like that! lol
I do spot feed everything a little bit....but the main focus is on the polyps, plate coral, stars, and kenya tree. I'm not sure how much the goby is into the Cyclop-Eeze, but he does get mysis shrimp once a week (I also spot feed this...mainly to the polyps and plate coral). I also feed him brine shrimp, pellets, and attempt flakes (although they are harder to get down to the bottom of the tank where the goby spends most of his time).

zach

i also love the plate coral... how much did you get that for? i might look into getting one of them

feathers212

Originally Posted by Zach
i also love the plate coral... how much did you get that for? i might look into getting one of them
I believe it was $42 at a local LFS.

feathers212

Originally Posted by sdwarrior
very impressive growth, I like your rockwork you gonna add anything else?
I want to add another bigger piece on the rock to the left of the kenya tree. Not sure what I want to put there yet though. Any suggestions? I'm also going to look for some smaller frag pieces to fill in some of the empty spots. I'd like to find some zoos....and anything else that catches my eye.

sdwarrior

sounds like a good idea make the tank look more full with some LR then throw some corals on it, if it was me I would fill that side with mushrooms or zoas or mabey some pulsing xenia.

feathers212

More corals and more pictures.
My cabbage leather has opened up a lot more

Fox coral frag

Bubble coral

I added a modded AC50 fuge on the back next to the skimmer (which I think I have gotten nearly tuned in).

It helped provide more than enough help in moving water, so I took out the powerhead. Everything seems to be happier with the new water movement and has opened up even more!
As of this evening, here's what the tank is looking like:

Still not sure what my plans are for the heater. May be looking to get some more pieces of LR for the corners.

feathers212

Originally Posted by **guinness**
how did you fuge the ac 50
I cut up and siliconed pieces of the filter basket to the filter. I used the two little basket side pieces between the intake chamber and the main fuge area. I used the bottom of the basket between the fuge area and the large outflow space. Live rock rubble pieces and cheato fill the fuge space. I have a TOM 9W PC Perch-Light clamped on to the side of the filter.