10 gallon tank, and my blue hippo tang...help

jden092901

I have a 10 gallon tank, and my blue hippo tang has white dots all over him. What is wrong with him. I just got him a few days ago. He swims around like crazy, back and forth. He is about 4 inchs.

elitephoto

ick. take him out, dip him in fresh ro water real quick and put him back in. that usually works. but a 10 gallon tank is WAY to small for any tang.

michaeltx

Originally Posted by ElitePhoto
ick. take him out, dip him in fresh ro water real quick and put him back in. that usually works. but a 10 gallon tank is WAY to small for any tang.
sorry but thats is a last resort treatment for any fish most do not do well with a FW dip hypo or a copper treatment is the best.
If this is your display you are not going to be able to keep this fish in there its way way way to small to house one if its your QT then treat the fish useing a ich treatment method you can look through different treatment in the disease and treatment forum.
mike

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by jden092901
I have a 10 gallon tank, and my blue hippo tang has white dots all over him. What is wrong with him. I just got him a few days ago. He swims around like crazy, back and forth. He is about 4 inchs.
is this a serious question?

earlybird

Originally Posted by jtrzerocool
is this a serious question?
His profile says he's got a 55, 29, and 10. My guess is his 10 is his QT but I dunno. Either way that fish will outgrow all of those tanks.

jden092901

Sorry guys...I was joking...I thought it would be funny to see eveyone say....what the hell? 10 gallons? Its funny how some people respond to questions.
Have a good day

jonthefishguy

If you want to come on here and JOKE, find another forum to type jokes on. In case you didnt read the address, its saltwaterfish.com, not iwillpostsomethingjusttoseepeoplesresponcecauseiamchildish.com

scsinet

Or maybe he wasn't joking and was just humiliated. I've never seen this user "joke" like this before.
This board really hammers people who don't follow the status quo. We should all be respectful of questions, and not ridicule or get belligerant with someone willing to learn.

ryno_mn

I agree 100% scsi, not everybody who is in this hobby has the same resources to learn from. They could be listening to their LFS and receiving bad advice. I know where I am in Minnesota, i have very few resources for this hobby. Except for this message board. We all need to be respectful, and also only ask appropriate questions.

jden092901

I wasn’t trying to cause problems…I’m sorry If I offended any of you. However, I must divulge that there are many individuals on this website that are awfully discourteous when acquiring for help. People come to this website for help, to ask questions expecting supportive responses. When I started the hobby, I had numerous questions and there were a great deal of helpful replies. There is also a great deal of degrading responses that don’t address your questions. As stated, "We all need to be respectful, and also only ask appropriate questions". Yes we must be respectful, which also includes the contribution appropriate answers. Again, if I have offended any of you I apologize. If you feel the need to delete my account, that’s ok, I understand.
Joshua

jtrzerocool

in my post above i was not trying to be rude...i was seriously thinking it was a joke...that is why i asked...it was not ment to be rude

jtrzerocool

Originally Posted by jonthefishguy
As punishment, you should be required to buy each of us on here a coral of our choosing and then we will forgive you.

agreed

jden092901

Ya, what a good deal...lol..I think my wife would do this:
....and I would do this:
. Resulting in a fight...then after the fight with my wife, I would do this:

jonthefishguy

....and I would do this:

So,are you doing it or not cause I have a coral in mind already.

maelv

....and I would do this:

But you didn't mention what would happen during the fight, when your wife bans you from ever partaking in the saltwater hobby again....