10 Gallpn Nano Tank Problems

chipmaker

get rid of all the junk that is supplied for filter media. Its not needed, nor desired for use in a saltwater tank.....Live rock rubble is small pieces of live rock/ Adding liverock rubble to a fuge or filter compartment is adding more LR overall to the tank and a place where good things lke copepods can exist without getting eaten by the fish. Its also pretty common to add chaeto morphia (macro algae in this comnpartment also as its a excellent nitrate exporter.......But you do need to add a small clip on light over that compartment if yu add macro algae. Its a very well worthwhile investment that does not cost a fortune. Just the ocst of a cup full of live rock rubble (bout a pound or so), a cheap light, and some macro algae.....and for what it gives back in return its worth it. You can run a carbon bag, but I would use it for 3 to 5 days every month or so, not continually. A phosphate sponge is a good item that can be left in 24/7/365 if desired.....Yes you can add additonal light in those NANO and Aqua Cube hoods. You wold be surprised how much wattage opne can actually fit inside those hoods with alittle determination........

nanomantis

i prefer purigan over carbon, i think it does a better job and it doesnt strip as much trace elements out as carbon does