10 months and counting......

dutch06

Trying to post updated tank pictures a little more often. The last set I posted was around Thanksgiving. I have added a huge 12lb rock in the upper right corner. I found I needed more shelving for frags. Got a tons of new stuff over the winter months. Changed my dosing cycle to 5ml calc, 10ml alk every day, from 10/10 every other day. No sign of phosphates anymore. Will be going fully automated after the tax check arrives and seriously upgrading my flow.
A few details...48x24x24, 120 gallons.
Euro-Reef RS-180 skimmer,
48" Aqualight Pro 2x150w HQI/2x96w PC/3x1w lunar lights,
40g Reef Ready Sump,
Mag 12 drive,
160lbs of live rock,
250lbs of live sand
A few early pictures and the rest were taken tonight. (Please excuse the noticeable flat worm problem. I will be taking care of that soon.)

costa13

how are you planning to get rid of the flat worms? Nice looking tank by the way.
How man pounds of sand do you have because it sure does look like you have a lot? :jumping:

dutch06

Thanks rbrock. How come the first thing everybody mentions is the sand bed? lol I guess I took the notion of a DSB to heart. 250lbs of sand, somewhere near 180lbs of rock and the Euroreef and I have never registered a blip on the nitrate meter. I guess it works. The light is a Coralife fixture, it's the 48" Aqualight Pro 2x150w HQI/2x96w PC/3x1w lunar lights. I'm going to be setting up a frag tank with the same fixture except it's 36" 1x250w.

dutch06

Costa13, I considered Flatworm Exit and the Blue Velvet Nudi. I nixed the Flatworm Exit because it will be just too much stress on the rest of tank. The Blue Velvet probably won't live two weeks, if I'm lucky, and it seems kinda silly to put in the tank knowing it's going to die. A friend of mine has a Green Mandarin and he swears it will eat the flatworms. He said he has had it in three different tanks and within a month each tank was picked clean. I have done all the research and "most" people say the mandarin won't eat flatworms. Well, we're going to find out if this particular mandarin will. Nature has a cure for everything that ails your tank as it seems.