100G Stock List!???

vegas made

i am about to buy a 100 gallon glass tank the tank is like a huge cube all the sides are the same length and size
i was thinking 2 lion fish both the same kind like red-violatins
and some tangs maybe like 5???
is that too much or a good stock list or what???
please comment every suggestion is appreciated

evanish

volitan lionfish are out of the question for that size of a tank. They can reach well over a foot in lenght and require alot of swimming space. For a 100 gallon tank, you could do two dwarf lions as they don't reach more than 5-6'' in a home aquarium. A fuzzy dwarf and a zebra lion would be peferct for a 100 gallon tank. ( reef or not ) As for the tangs, I would stick with one or two smaller tangs that don't reach great lenghts. Kole, convict, Yellow, chevron... just to name a few.

evanish

Stick with dwarf lions. A FuManChu lion would be another choice and they don't reach more than 4-5''

vegas made

really man i thought that type of tank would be perfect for at lease 2 lions

what size tank would you say i would need to have 2 lions in it and some tangs like a 200g or 240g????

evanish

What type of lions are you talking about? Two dwarf lions would work fine in the tank you have. Russles and voltains will get too large for a 100 gallon tank and they have a pretty fast growth rate.

vegas made

really ya dwarf lions would be nice but there so small
what would you stalk a 100 gallon tank with no reef/plants

evanish

I don't find a 4-6'' lion small but w/e. The stocking list would depend on what type of tank you are going for. ( fowlr or reef )

vegas made

Originally Posted by Evanish
I don't find a 4-6'' lion small but w/e. The stocking list would depend on what type of tank you are going for. ( fowlr or reef )
well thats not to bad just at my LFS they have 3 of them they are little babys i guess i would like a FOWRL

evanish

They do grow..... ;) Just takes a good diet and time. I would get a dwarf lion or two, a snowflake eel, Kole tang, and maybe a harlequin tusk.

vegas made

Originally Posted by Evanish
They do grow..... ;) Just takes a good diet and time. I would get a dwarf lion or two, a snowflake eel, Kole tang, and maybe a harlequin tusk.
i would like 2 dwarf lion fish they are nice especially the yellow ones but there hella rare my LFS dosnt have them they only have the normal ones 1 of them is bright orang and the other ones are dark

txmedic1

not trying to discourage you, but you really need to focus more on getting the tank up and running. get it cycled and rock cured. it may tank many months before your tank is able to sustain such livestock. read. study. read. research, then read again. good luck.

crimzy

Originally Posted by vegas made
i would like 2 dwarf lion fish they are nice especially the yellow ones but there hella rare my LFS dosnt have them they only have the normal ones 1 of them is bright orang and the other ones are dark
The yellow dwarf lion is not a typical species. The only one that I've ever seen was Lion Crazz'. I don't think you'll find another.