10g Lighting

laddy

I'm sorry for asking this, mainly b/c it's so often a topic of conversation, but does anyone know of a good hood I can buy for my tank (which currently is FOWLR) in the hopes of sporting some inverts someday. I've been trying to get my arms around the whole lighting requisite, but I'm totally confused. I assume I'll need at least two bulbs in the unit. Can anyone offer advice on a particular brand, or requirements?

liverock27

I also have the 96w powerquad by corralife. I found it for $88 on another website, but I am not sure if I can post the site or not, but just do a search on the web for it and you can find some good prices. Also I have the legs that you can purchase with it, so it makes it alot easier to get into the top. Good luck

laddy

Thanks, the 96w appears to be popular. I guess it has good bang for the buck, uh?

laddy

I went to the above site you listed, $88 plus I'll need the legs. Thanks for the help, when I get it setup I'll post some pics.

T

tuningvis

good choice ... they ship fast as well :)
i think they sell the legs as well on the site

nvmycj

Gentlemen,
Is the 96W bulbs strong enough to have any corals in a 10 gallon tank? How many fish are acceptable in a 10 gallon tank? I'd also assume about 10-15 pounds of LR, right? Thanks.

bigarn

Originally posted by NVMYCJ
Gentlemen,
Is the 96W bulbs strong enough to have any corals in a 10 gallon tank? How many fish are acceptable in a 10 gallon tank? I'd also assume about 10-15 pounds of LR, right? Thanks.

Any soft coral would do fine.
No more than 2 fish. Percs do well.
I have approx. 17 pounds in mine.
:D