110 gallon soft reef...PICTURES!

mx#28

Is your camera off-color a little or is everything a bit bleached? That tree coral (Sinularia? Nepthea?) looks pretty bad.

reefboy1994

the lights are straight pin power compacts
the camera is definetly off color. the coraline and the corals look totaly different in person. my camera has allways took bad pics of the tank. the tree coral is darker in person.

oceansidefish

Kelvin is the color rating of your bulbs...simply. Blue would be 20k White/yellower would be 10k. Or you could kick it old school to the beginnings of the MH world and get some 6.5's

reefboy1994

heres an update on the tank:
I got new lights...nova extreme slr t5 fixture
got a yellow tang
got a finger leather
got a scooter blenny (no pics yet...srry)

a7xsynx42

what kind of filters/skimmers are you using? i might be getting a 110 gal this weekend. thats about 48" x 18" x 30" right?

reefboy1994

Originally Posted by a7xsynx42
http:///forum/post/2968902
what kind of filters/skimmers are you using? i might be getting a 110 gal this weekend. thats about 48" x 18" x 30" right?
yup the size is rite, i have 2 hang on back filters and thats all. i owuldnt recomend getting this tank because
-it is tall so u need strong lighting and your full arm gets wet when reaching the bottom, if you can even reach the bottom!
-fish dont need verticle room (this tank is tall!) they need horizontal swimming
-but a tall tank does have a nice look!