spoon

I have an Alienware Area-51m and am pretty worried about my CPU temperature and my fan status. I currently have MotherBoard Monitor v5.3.6.0, I just can't get the thing to work right.
I know my motherboard has 2 sensors. The program wont list them for some reason. If you can help me out, I urge you to post some of your experience in this thread. Gimme a warm welcome too...
Thanks, Justin :happy:

lovethesea

Welcome............
I hate computers, but welcome anyway. Our motherboard blew out before xmas. Did I mention I hate computers?
:)

blackomne

Originally posted by Spoon
I have an Alienware Area-51m and am pretty worried about my CPU temperature and my fan status. I currently have MotherBoard Monitor v5.3.6.0, I just can't get the thing to work right.
I know my motherboard has 2 sensors. The program wont list them for some reason. If you can help me out, I urge you to post some of your experience in this thread. Gimme a warm welcome too...
Thanks, Justin :happy:

Let's See Welcome there.
Second Cooling. You will probably have to open the case to check but cooling fans are only registered if they are plugged directly on the mainboard. If they plug into the power supply they are not monitered.
To increase cooling think of the following flow thru and hot spots. Flow thru the fans set to both pull the air in and force it out. Hotspots are chips that should have heat sinks or fans but don't. The video card processor chip and processor bridge chips on the new boards should have heat sinks at least. The new ram chips should be cooled as well.

aarone

what exactly is mother board monitor? usually a mobo monitor will just use its own probes to detect temps.