12 gal Lighting & fuge

kelly4687

So I am planning on ordering a 12 gal CAD aquarium....they are even go to custom a top for me since I have these darn fish eating cats....so I was wondering which lights should I go for?
I am not going to do crazy corals- just maybe some mushrooms, Xenia, etc....but I would like the possibility of maybe a bubble tip anemone.
Should I get the :
32w T5 fixture
or
48 w power compact fixture?
I mean it is only a $15 difference....but I figured I would ask opinions.
Also- the back of the tank has a 3 chambered fuge....how should I set that up?
Also what type of filter would you suggest?

nissan577

The Refugium has 3 chambers as is,
1st chamber: Loaded with floss and sand bed...
2nd chamber: Live rock rubbles, sand bed, chaetomorpha,
3rd chamber: maxi-jet 1200
the light-t5 IMO would do great.
filter a refugium is best!

kelly4687

Bump
Should I get the maxi jet 1200 for the flow in the tank like you said Nissan? Would that be too much flow or perfect?

nissan577

yea but it will be only giving flow to the direction your pointing the return pump to. thats why we have power heads so that everything in the tank can move like the ocean reef does.

kelly4687

Okay -- so say I get the 900....then what kind of power head?
I mean I don't want to have my fish blowing into the sides of the tank, lol.
I am trying to get my whole list in order so I can place on big order and save on shipping :)

nissan577

get a 900 maxi-jet and a koralia 1 or nano. i would 1 if your going to have sps in the near future or lps as of now. and cause the koralia is widely spread. the nano is just narrow.

kelly4687

Okay...so I am getting the 12 gallon CAD -
This is what I am doing-
maxi jet 900 in fuge (has 3 back chambers) with some chaeto, purigen, LR, and chemi-pure.
Adding a Koralia 1 to the tank.
Do I need anything else in there. I am getting the T5 light fixture :)

kelly4687

:) Okay good...now I just need to get a stock list together. I just need to do more research and make sure I get fish that can get along.

kelly4687

Bump!
So I got the tank :) Sooooo nice.
I got the maxi jet 900....but the tank came with a Boyu Submersible pump model FP-28......so it would be really packed if I used everything right?
I have the koralia 1 too. I am kinda lost!

kelly4687

Bump..
In the 1st chamber I put the purigen and chemi-pure.
2nd chamber has the sand and lr rubble, and the maxi jet 900 hanging on it- not turned on right now, but it is really tight back there.
3rd chamber is the Boyu Submersible pump model FP-28 - connected to some pipe blowing out water through the fuge into the tank. And I have some Chaeto in there too.
I got the maxi jet 900....but the tank came with a Boyu Submersible pump model FP-28......so it would be really packed if I used everything right?
I have the koralia 1 too. I am kinda lost!