12 gal. nano questions

How many fish can I fit in a 12 gallon nano without having nitrate problems? I want atleast 1 perc and maybe something else. And it comes with 24 watts of light. I know this isnt a lot but for the time I have it, what kind of corals will grow in there?I dont want to gamble with anything so ill be content with whatever can work! I will probably upgrade later. I know its hard to do with a 12 gal nanocube but whatever.
I think I am going to stock it with about 16 lb of figi live rock and about 10 lb of live sand. Any advice or ideas would be awsome!
Thanks,
Alex

moray345

Hey psychoskater i myself would notput in any corals but you can put in a yellow line goby great for smaller aquariums
HTH,
Moray345

Ya I thought about that but I really want a perc. A tomato would be cool but I think they get too big and i dont want to do that to a fish. Thanks!

Would a little perecula clown and a cleaner shrimp work?
For corals I would like some ricordia and maybe some xenia. Would zoos work? Will most polyps work? I will be upgrading the light later on probably after it cycles. Im still going to see if I can put more light in the hood. I found a web site that sells DIY retrofit kits that have everything except the reflector.

overanalyzer

Originally posted by psychoskater
Would a little perecula clown and a cleaner shrimp work?
For corals I would like some ricordia and maybe some xenia. Would zoos work? Will most polyps work? I will be upgrading the light later on probably after it cycles. Im still going to see if I can put more light in the hood. I found a web site that sells DIY retrofit kits that have everything except the reflector.

Yeah that would be a nice setup for what you are looking for if you have a good light upgrade. The xenia and ricordeas would do very well in that type of tank. I'd just say check out the 12 gallon cubes and all the modifications that folks have done!!

Ok i found out how to put a 2x36 watt pc retro it in the hood. Now I got to order the tank. This November Im gonna order the live rock. This way ill be on vacation so ill be home to get it. I will probably buy the retro kit after I get the live rock. Thanks for all of your help!