12 Gallon Nano Pic. Take A Look...

bdhough

Considering its my first reef i think its coming along nicely. I got a job at the lfs and got that brain for 18 dollars :) There are mushrooms cultivating on small live rock on the bottom. They were free.

y2says

Very nice rock work. I like the arches and caves. I can't wait to put my 10g tank together when I move into my new house.

cielo

OH wonderful. I'm just about to set up a 10 or 15 nano and you have truely inspired me. Beauty can be found even in the tiny systems.
Could you please tel me what lighting you are using? Thanks.

bdhough

Well heres the scoop on what i have. It's a 12 gallon eclipse tank. I use the original filtration. Marineland sells their own dual flourescent blub upgrade and i run a 20k (i think) maybe 10 and a actinic 03. Its 30 watts. Theres about 18 lbs of live rock and just crappy marine sand. I have a peppermint shrimp (who may be dead :( or molting) 8 various hermit crabs (4 different types), 5 snails, 2 turbos and 3 astreas, and 2 green chromis. Theres a decent size feather duster. I should have two but one recently jumped his tube and passed away. I just got the brain and he's eating well. There are yellow and green button polps too. Since i work at the live fish store i snagged lots of frags. I just added a good chunk of star polyps which have started coming out and several different mushrooms. Which i've glued to small pieces of rock and I am trying to grow them at the bottom. Theres also a small rio 50 which does a fair job of moving water while the return system on the filter stirs the top. Lots o extra shells. Thats about it. Theres tons of swimming room due to the stacking of the rock. I owe that to my skills with legos :) I plan on getting another feather duster maybe Koko worm and some of the cooler mushrooms. I may try a leather or cup coral but i need to check the lighting on them. I know they need more light so I probably won't try them. Thats it. Let me know if you ahve more questions

bdhough

Tropical Fish World in Raleigh. Started there first week of december.
The brain is a little pale. He's got some color but he is feeding quite well. He puffs up quite a bit when i feed him. I suppose I should feed him more to make up for his bad care before I had him..... I dunno I can't complain. I got him for 18 dollars. Normally 50

cliffrouse11bas

I was in there last sunday. It looks like your corals are looking bad. Flat worms had taken over and aptaisas in your fish tanks. I have bought some green button polyps from yall that are doing good. Yall have a nice selection wish yall would get some green branching hammers after you clean your tanks up. Best fish store around I tell you that. Wish I had your job. hahah

bdhough

Thanks all.
Sorry cliff. Yeah we do have an aptasia problem. Soon to be fixed. We are in the process of adding about 500 gallons of corals and invert tanks. I suggested we put a mandarin in the coral tanks to curb the problem but boss says no. I just bought a green trumpet coral and a fire shrimp. The trumpet was covered in bubble algae and had a few aptasia pieces. I had to do some major surgery on the piece but I got it for half off so it was worth the effort to clean it up. There was alot of dead parts too. I got rid of those. I guess i need an update photo. My star polyps have come out now too.
I generally work on the weekends so if you're in ask for Brian. BTW we are also putting in a 240 fish only tank by the corals a 1200 gallon shark tank and a new coi pond. Keep your eye on us :)

bobio

Excellent looking tank.... Where did you find the replacement bulb?? I am looking to do that to mine. It's only been up for 3 months. Here's a pic.