120 G

saltaddict

Ok my wife gave me the OK to go bigger. At first I was thinking 90 but I am now considering 120G . My question is if I get 120G All Glass with two built in skimmers. Will I be able to reuse my 29 G tank as a sump or will this be too small to hold the amunt of water that drains if the power goes out ?

mlm

I have a 120 with a 30 gallon long has a sump. My overflow in the 120 is sort of in the middle left part of the tank. It has a1.5 inch bulkhead. I use a mag 2400 as a return pump that goes to 2 return jets. Here are some pics of my sump and tank so you can see how it it set up. The pics are older and a lot has changed in the tank but you can see how the overflow is.

mlm

You can see the top of the overflow in the left part of the tank at the top you can see the white eggcrate baffle thing that keeps the fish from going in although once one of my percs founf his way all the wat to the sump from there.

wolffam

I have a 30 gal long as a sump for my 135 gal. It runs a little over half full and fills up when I lose power.

saltaddict

Thanks for the reply . MLM quick question I like the idea of just one overflow is your tank custome made or is there a vendor out there making these beside AG?

jond

I have a 128 gal. Oceanic RR that I had them do one overflow box in the center back. I houses two 1" overflow and two 3/4" return. I am very happy with it. Also with the center box, they did what they call "brick style", which means there is no bracing on the top of the tank.

mlm

The tank is made by OCEA they have a website I think it is www.ocea.com The tank did not come predrilled. My LFS drilled it and installed the overflow for me when I purchased it.