120 gallon upgrade

lion_crazz

That is normally the problem with Atlantic Blue's, that is why I was asking you about yours. I even have been told from some of the employees of the New Jersey State Aquarium that they are at times tough to keep (they have a large school of them there). I always try to give them mainly nori, as they seem to take this pretty well.
Beautiful tank though!

kilmca

it's from a small online store in ohio. i first got live rock off of them when i was in college and it turned out to be great. i sold that stuff cause i went to school in washington state and i was moving to maryland. i bought 2 more shipments of live rock from them for this tank and i wasn't disappointed. i even got a tiny little mantis shrimp off of the rock before i started to cure it. i've had the shrimp for about 2 years and it's in a 3 gallon eclipse tank. it's probably around 2 inches long and the thickness of a pencil. when i found it in the bottom of the box that the live rock was shipped in it was about the size of pencil point and transparent. it's not a very colorful one and it doesn't come out much but it goes crazy when i put live brine shrimp in the tank.
total for 60 lbs of rock shipped it costs about $170. i think it might be more now because the price has gone up since i last bought some. i can email you the name of the place if you are interested.

kilmca

Well here are some pics with the VHO's installed. i'm running 3 actinic bulbs and 1 10000k bulb. it's really blue when the MH go off.
since my MH bulbs are 14,000k i'm considering running the vho's for 2 hours then they would go off when the MH come on for 6 hours and then the vho's would come back on for another 2 hours after the MH go off. it would save on electricity and you really can't notice when the vho's are on with the MH. any thoughts?

connor

i love the tank the mandarins are very cool to bad about the atlatic blue tang they are very cool fish
:D

kilmca

RUBBERDUCK, i'm still trying to sell the 72BF tank, stand and the hood with 660 icecap ballast and lights, interested? Kentucky is kind of far. might be a little expensive to send it there.
Thanks everyone for the compliments.

rubberduck

unfortunatly kentucky is a little far. but would u be interested in fraging ur green starpolyps. u can send those pretty cheap and they are hardy

jlm

very pretty. We just swiched from a 72 to a 120 last weekend. It is so much nicer. Ours isn't reef ready though, but I like it. Yours turned out great.

kilmca

i'll look into how much it would cost to send you some star polyps. do you know the cheapest way, i've never done that before?

rubberduck

Originally Posted by kilmca
i'll look into how much it would cost to send you some star polyps. do you know the cheapest way, i've never done that before?
:thinking: :sleepy: not realy unfortunatly. that would be great if u would look into it. thx