120 Gallon

kreach

Finally getting around to posting full tank pics of my 120 gallon now that it is cycled and has it's first inhabitants. :D

kreach

And of course, I have to do some major bragging on my husband, SquishyFish, who built the stand and canopy.

kreach

All specs for both our tanks can be found on our webpage... Our Underwater World
Lighting on the 120 is pitiful at the moment... just a couple NO florescents. I'll be upgrading to VHOs and metal halides after the first of the year.

rick58

Very cool. The cabinet would probably look better if it wasn't next to that great aquascaping. Nice work, can't wait to see it stocked.

kreach

Originally posted by SquishyFish
heh..I scaped it for her too. The rocks are so big they are hard to handle and she was afraid she might drop them. I cant blame her...I was worried about the same thing.
Squishy

Not to mention... the tank sits 4 feet off the ground. Even with being 5' 6" and having a stepstool, I couldn't quite reach all the way to the bottom of the tank.

So I let him aquascape it... he's better/faster at it anyway.

tru conch

nice tank! i cant wait to see it fully stocked.
squishy- i like the design for the canopy, it looks like the top opens up like suicide doors on a car. a cool idea.

125intx

Originally posted by NM reef
I really like the aquascaping...that large cave is impressive!:)

I like that too, I wish I had the talent to make mine look that good.

125intx

Originally posted by SquishyFish
The key is having rock big enough to work w/. There are pieces in her tank that are bigger than a basket ball.
Squishy

Ahh, thats why mine look like crap. I cant afford big rocks.

737mech

SquishyFish:
Are the rocks just stacked or did you use as epoxy to secure them in place? I like the cave too!

kreach

Originally posted by 737mech
SquishyFish:

Are the rocks just stacked or did you use as epoxy to secure them in place? I like the cave too!

Nope, just stacked... it took a couple hours.

kreach

Originally posted by mnreefman
what livestock is in it already?

Mated pair of percula clowns
Carpenter's Flasher Wrasse
Citron Clown Goby

jrpage

"Ya done good! Every other clownfish has his eye on the place!"
I'll be looking for more pics as it changes over the months. You gonna do lots of corals in there?
I haven't tried my hand at corals yet...........maybe in a year or so.:thinking:
Rhonda