120 upgrade

jlm

Well here are a few shots of my new 120. Everything seemed to do well after the move. I did lose a male clown but I don't know where or why. He was swimming and eating fine and on the 3rd day he had disapeard. I think something ate him. Now my poor female is all alone.
Anyway here are some pictures from today.

shoreliner11

Pictures look great. Your daughter looks thrilled as well. What I would give to have grown up with a saltwater fish tank in my house. Would have saved some money in college trying to figure out that I wanted to become a marine biologist. Now I will be here for at least 5 years for my bs, but thats way things go. Again great pics and tank looks great.
Aaron

jlm

awesome on the college. Stick with it. I new I wanted to do something with marine life all my life but I wanted to do something like take care of the tanks at scripps or work at seaworld, haha. But we didn't have the money back then and now I'm pretty happy taking care of the kids. At least I get to play in my tank. SOmeday when we get a bigger house I hope to have a bigger tank.

kilmca

nice tank! i agree the 120 is a huge difference from the 72. so much more space for fish and corals. that's a ton a xenia you have growing there, that is xenia at the top and middle of your tank? is that your clown hanging out in your star polyp? your clams are really nice.
what do you have for lighting on your tank?

jlm

thank you
Yes that is red sea xenia. I give tons of it away every 2 or 3 weeks and I sale some to the local stores here.
My clown loves my star polyps. And they don't seem to mind.
As far as lighting I have dual 250w 10k ushio mh, dual 96w 03's pc, and a moon light that I use at night.
I hope to get a green clam to add to my collection someday.