125-150 equipement help!

dave_15

im getting a 125-150 gallon for christmas (heard my parents talkin about it) im looking at equipement for it....it would be a moray only system
would this equipement be ok?
>Filstar cannister filter (upto 175 gallons)
>Seaclone skimmer (upto 150 gallons)
>Heater- 300 watt +90 watt (cant find a 450 watt heater...doesntit have to be 3 times the tank size?)
>Instant Ocean salt mix (160 gallon)
>Thermometer (stick on)
cant find a good powerhead any suggestions?
Thanks

thangbom

I Say Get A Fuge.. And A Better Skimmer... I Dont Think Canister Filter's And Sea Clone Skimmer Suck..

dave_15

well i have a 30 after i mive my fish in there so i could use that...i just dont know how they work and how to put them together...and what they do

thangbom

im not familiar with prizm skimmers at all.. i stick to big tube styple skimmers.. they work good as far as i know of.. ( well except for them chepo ones..) and i never heard of a canister begin better then a fuge.. but imo fuge is the best.. cuzz what we are trying to do in our tank is trying to receate the animals natural home.. and a fuge is the closet thing we have to that.. a canister filter is just a in line mechanical filter.. ( im not saying it wont work but i just think it wont work as good..) and as far as i know.. if you really wanna grow coral..( which is probaly the hardest thing to grow in a tank) you need a fuge.. so.. think a fuge as top of the line....( but it's perdy cheap if u have a little know how.. common sense.. just make some baffles and some silicone and a old tank.. then bam.. you have a fuge..) and the general rule in this hobby is the bigger the filter the better... so go as big as u can...

thegrog

Agree with NG
Go with an AquaC remora pro skimmer. IF you go the fuge route, then go with the Urchin Pro. Got one running in my 125 and my corals are thriving!!!

sleasia

I wouldn't get a cannister filter. I used eheim in the past and had nothing but trouble. Now I'm using a built my own wet dry working wonderfully on a 200 gallon tank and cost only about 60$ (not including bio balls to build) and has enough room for a larg asm-g 4x skimmer and enough room also for a fuge (which I will be adding under the bio ball chamber) pics are under
diy equipment....wet-dry plans/lukeg this message board. Most importantly you need a good skimmer asm also comes with a pump for the skimmer.

dave_15

Originally Posted by sleasia
I wouldn't get a cannister filter. I used eheim in the past and had nothing but trouble. Now I'm using a built my own wet dry working wonderfully on a 200 gallon tank and cost only about 60$ (not including bio balls to build) and has enough room for a larg asm-g 4x skimmer and enough room also for a fuge (which I will be adding under the bio ball chamber) pics are under
diy equipment....wet-dry plans/lukeg this message board. Most importantly you need a good skimmer asm also comes with a pump for the skimmer.
how did you build yours?