125 2nd floor ????

lex2lo

hey guys another question. local chain store, *****, has a sale buy the stand get the tank for free. so i figure now is as good time as any to upgrade from my 55. my choices are 72 bowfront for 300 or a 125 6ft for 319. now my main question is i live in a 3 story townhome with the garage and entrance being first floor, next main level, lifted carpets and found concrete and finally third level bedrooms also concrete. would 125 be ok?? also even though the floors are concrete when i stand in my garage and look up its all wood? i dont get it is it wood or concrete?please help sale ends soon!!! canyt wait for my 125!!!!!! ( i hope) :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:

bojik

Originally Posted by lex2lo
hey guys another question. local chain store, *****, has a sale buy the stand get the tank for free. so i figure now is as good time as any to upgrade from my 55. my choices are 72 bowfront for 300 or a 125 6ft for 319. now my main question is i live in a 3 story townhome with the garage and entrance being first floor, next main level, lifted carpets and found concrete and finally third level bedrooms also concrete. would 125 be ok?? also even though the floors are concrete when i stand in my garage and look up its all wood? i dont get it is it wood or concrete?please help sale ends soon!!! canyt wait for my 125!!!!!! ( i hope) :jumping: :jumping: :jumping:
Could be wood joists with concrete over. Seen that in a house with a basement before. I do not know if it would be wise to do that or not.
It depends on the way the place was built. Hopefully an architect/someone here would have advice for you.

lex2lo

well as you say depends the way the place was built. if it helps to any builder or contracter, the home was built in 2003 and florida codes, primarly south florida. everything down here is concrete

J

johnyquest

I have read that a 125 could go up stairs if it is placed up against a bearing wall ( usually an exterior wall) across as many floor joist as you can.

lex2lo

i have read the same but i dont know where the joists are thats my delima. from in my garage when i look up its just sheets of plywood.no 2x4 or anything like that.

bacia

When you look up at the plywood do you see any nails or screws? If you do are they running in a line at all? If you can make out a line that would be your joist. The plywood would be nailed or screwed to the joist and the line is the way the joist would run. Put the tank against a wall where the lines are ending/beginning. Good luck. (Here's an idea. Convert the garage into a family room and you won't have to worry about where to put a tank.
)

bojik

Originally Posted by lex2lo
i have read the same but i dont know where the joists are thats my delima. from in my garage when i look up its just sheets of plywood.no 2x4 or anything like that.
stud finder.