125 gallon

surfrat295

I was at our local pet store yesterday and they were having a truck sale. They had a 125 gallon tank, stand , and lights for $597.00. Oh yeah it has two overflows built in.. He is holding it for me until the end of the day today. Is this a good price and tank to start with. I was going to do a 24 nano, but I'm wondering if this would be better to start with or is it to much for a newbie..

Thanks, Rich

hot883

Originally Posted by surfrat295
I was at our local pet store yesterday and they were having a truck sale. They had a 125 gallon tank, stand , and lights for $597.00. Oh yeah it has two overflows built in.. He is holding it for me until the end of the day today. Is this a good price and tank to start with. I was going to do a 24 nano, but I'm wondering if this would be better to start with or is it to much for a newbie..

Thanks, Rich
Go bigger is always better. Easier to keep the water parameters better IMO. I paid $600 for my 125 reef ready, all glass, dual corner overflows with a stand and canopy.

fish911

Go for it!!
I got a 72g bowfront not long ago for over $500 CAD>>so id say that is an awesome deal!!

hot883

Originally Posted by CoachD
hot833, where did you get your tank at ?
is it 72 in long ?
72" all glass from reef wharehouse in Okla. city. Bought the last one.

P

phishface

Great deal, IMO, I paid $500 for tank,stand glass tops w/lights 2 fluval 304's and 80lbs of sand. Not a bad deal, but no over flows.....which I had to add a sump and trickle/skimmer setup. That was $305 shipped... so once again GREAT DEAL.

jleithiser

Buy it. That's a good deal and the bigger the better. I am a beginner as well, and we are buying a 110 gal with stand, lights, and cover for 600$, so you would get a good deal on the 125 gal.

jleithiser

If you want any more info on tanks and any other aspects of saltwater aquriums, read the thread "What's the first thing you wish you knew", and my thread "Starting tank". They both have lots of useful info for newcomers. :happyfish

cgrant

you might want to look into the perfecto tanks, i know just like a month back one of the lfs in our area said perfecto had a factory sale going and they had the 210's going for 800 w/stand and lights, not sure if the sale is still going but worth checking anyway!
I know a couple of people that have perfecto tanks and have not had any issues with them.