125 or 180 AGA

ron thomas

I'm waffling between a 125 or a 180 tank. My concers with the 125 are that I will not be happy with the 18" front to back and that it will make it less convenient to work in the tank because the lights will occupy more of the top's area. What do you 125 owners think of the front to back dimension? Are you happy with it?

fishy7

When in doubt get the larger tank. :happyfish You do not want to be kicking your self in the but 2 months from now.

stingrayjs

Just remember to get something you can handle also. I have to get out of the mask and snorkle for my tank if I want to rach all the way to the bottom!!

fishy7

Originally Posted by StingrayJs
Just remember to get something you can handle also. I have to get out of the mask and snorkle for my tank if I want to rach all the way to the bottom!!
I can not reach the bottom either. Ohh well

emmitt

If you are going reef, i'd definitely go with the 180. I was waffling forever on that or a 225 (30"wide). The 18" wide just fills up to quickly in my opinion if you are doing a reef. Also, the price difference probably isnt very much.

victoria

180 ALL THE WAY EMMITT, MY 125 SEEMS SO SMALL TO ME NOW AND THERE'S SO MUCH MORE i COULD DO WITH MORE WIDTH.

ophiura

Are you definitely going reef?
Are you thinking of staying on the "low" side with fish?
IMO, a 125 might be more affordable to light and stock if money is a concern.
If money is no concern, well, there is no question