125 setup with a few question

6mmmedic

I have my 125 about ready to go. Its finished its cycle and I want to start stocking in a week or so. I will have a clown trigger and gold stripe maroon at first. I will then move over a couple of tangs from another tank. I want mostly aggressive fish. I know I will be getting a Picasso trigger. What else do you guys suggest? How much can I have? Also what about a clean up crew of snails and crabs...any chance the triggers wont eat them all?
thanks

E

eric b 125

i would add the tangs before the triggers, because triggers tend to be more aggressive.

R

rcreations

My triggers never bother my cleanup crew and I have a clown trigger, niger and sargassum. In fact the only agressive fish I ever had that wiped out my cleanup crew was a dogface puffer.

crypt keeper

picasso will eat your crew. my 3/4 incher smoked all my hermits and snails in a few months. Now he is 2.5 inches and i only have peppermint shrimp that hide for their life.
my older one did the samething

small triggers

your going to have to chance it if you want snails. I have (had) 4 triggers Niger, blue jaw, picasso and clown (my anemone just killed my bluejaw a few days ago) BUT i always add about 10 snails at a time, it takes them about 6 months to wittle them away.
My personal opinion about how many for your tank,,, if yo know you are going to have to upgrade in a few years if you want to keep tangs and triggers to get to full grown,,,,
3 tangs (one from each family) 3 triggers, 2 maroons and maybe an angel