125 tank is bowing

spyderreef

I bought some fish the other day and decided to put my glass top on for a couple of weeks. I have had problems in the past with fish jumping out. I have an older 125 that has no center brace. When I put the center glass piece on it barely caught the edge of the tank. I discovered that it has bowed in center. Is this going to be a problem for me? Will it continue to move?

fender

What SquishyFish said! :D
It's true, they all bow. Acrylic more than glass, but still they all do it to some degree. I haveheard on the 6 and 8 footers that 1/2 or more is not all that uncommon.
A little Scary but nothing to be overly concerned about, just check it from time to time to make sure it doesn't get worse.

S

sebae0

i have a 135 (6') for 17 years now that has bowed from day one, never have had any problems yet. knock knock on wood.

dan-in-den

You'all made me curious so I measured my 125g (glass).
It is bowed out 1/4" at the center point as compared to each end. This means, assuming equal bow on front and back glass, a 1/8" bow over 6 feet.
I sure hope that is acceptable.
shoot. Now I'm not gonna be able to sleep.:confused:

cliffrouse11bas

If the glass keeps bowing you could use the egg crate stuff. IT is plastic and has holes in it. It should keep the fish in pretty good and the light in also... Good luck..