125 Tank, stand, hood in Illinois

michelle l

I have a 125 gallon Perfecto brand tank for sale in Bloomington, Illinois (about two and a half hours south of Chicago.) I just have the tank, pine stand, glass hood, and flourescent strip light for sale.
It's about a year and a half old, but only had fish in it for a little over a year. Everything is in great condition.
I would like to get $350 OBO for it.

michelle l

No overflows, just a regular tank.
It has no scratches and is in good condition. It will need new plastic strips on the glass hoods unless you want to use the holes that have been cut for the filters that I used. The glass hoods themselves also have typical salt deposit on them, but have no chips or scratches.
Lets see if I can get a picture to post...it was taken when the tank was still set up so please forgive the algae on the back!

michelle l

Yes, I'm sorry but I'd like to move it soon. We are having a 240 delivered by our local reef store in a couple of weeks and they will be taking the 125 back with them to sell in the store if we don't sell it first.

michelle l

As stated earlier, I'm in Bloomington, IL. That's a good haul from Louisville...about 5 hours according to Mapquest.

sexyred1

Hi Michelle -
Can you call me on this? I live in Bloomington also. If we agreed on a price I would be able to pickup at any time. My # is 319-3386.
Thanks!
Jenny

michelle l

Originally Posted by tnt
I'm in Metamora, IL. Any good lfs in Bloomington?
Will you take $200 for it?
tntws6@mtco.com
Now, $200 is a bit ridiculous.
Yes, there is a great reef store in Bloomington called The Mad Reefer. The owner, Guy, is fantastic. He doesn't carry many dry goods but can get anything that you want.

michelle l

Originally Posted by sexyred1
Hi Michelle -
Can you call me on this? I live in Bloomington also. If we agreed on a price I would be able to pickup at any time. My # is 319-3386.
Thanks!
Jenny

Jenny, I left a message for you.

H

huntinjoe

i will give you 300 for it and pick it up as soon as you say its ok. what are the dimensions

michelle l

Huntinjoe, I certainly think that we could work something out.

I e-mailed my phone numbers to you a few days ago, at the address you posted here. Give me a call and we'll see what we can do.
The dimensions are 72" long, 18" wide, and 22" tall.

tnt

Originally Posted by Michelle L
Now, $200 is a bit ridiculous.
Yes, there is a great reef store in Bloomington called The Mad Reefer. The owner, Guy, is fantastic. He doesn't carry many dry goods but can get anything that you want.
I didn't mean to be insulting. I had an extra $200 and you never know until you ask. No insult intended.
Thanks for the store info. I'll check it out.
We had a 2001 WS6 for about a year. We traded it in to get an SUV and ski boat. My husband still cries when he thinks about it!

michelle l

Oh, I wasn't insulted. I was actually laughing when I posted but you never know what people are thinking behind the typing! I don't blame you for offering, because you never know what people might take just to get something out of the way. I have a aquaintance who picked up a 185 gallon bowfront and stand for $100 that way. I missed the deal by twenty minutes. :(
For sure check out The Mad Reefer. Call first to make sure he has gotten a shipment of fish that week because people swarm in and buy them all up on shipping days (Thursdays, I think) and then he has little stock on hand.
I love my WS6 and could never part with it. I used to store it, but recently I had to start driving it as my daily driver. I just turned 32,000 miles a while ago and that kills me because I want to keep it as my baby!!

tnt

Yeah, my husband still regrets trading it. Thanks for the store info. Good luck with your tank!