125g Stock List - Thoughts/Suggestions Please

bigal0221

Hello,
O.K. I am ready to firm up my stock list for my 125g. I have a few thoughts and would like any of your thoughts or suggestions. I have looked at a couple of different options, each option will have a total of 6 fish. I plan on purchasing each fish in a small/juvi size so I think this will help.
Option 1:
Foxface (Regular or Magnificent)
Butterfly (Saddleback, Falcula or Blackback)
Harlequin Tusk
Tang (Achilles, Blue&Yellow Hippo, Powder Brown, Purple or Yellow)
Trigger (Blue Throat or Sargassum)
Angel (Annularis, Blue-Line, Emperor, Majestic, Regal or Scribbled)
Option 2:
Remove the Butterfly or Foxface and add another Trigger - (Blue Throat pair or a Bluethroat & Sargassum)
Option 3:
Remove the Butterfly or Foxface and add another Tang.
As I said, there will be a total of 6 fish, does everyone think this will be O.K. in the 125g?
Thanks for any suggestions I will be ready to purchase first fish for QT this weekend!

j0hn rambo

I think 6 is pushing it for a 125. Those angels grow really big. I may put an emperor in my 125 but once he gets bigger put him in a larger aquarium. Those are some good choices on fish though, but 4 or 5 at adult size would be more ideal. Trigger may also nip at your tangs fins.

saka bra

Option 1: Foxface (Regular or Magnificent)
Butterfly (Saddleback, Falcula or Blackback)
Harlequin Tusk
Tang (Achilles, Blue&Yellow Hippo, Powder Brown, Purple or Yellow)
Trigger (Blue Throat or Sargassum)
Angel (Annularis, Blue-Line, Emperor, Majestic, Regal or Scribbled)
I think you have an awsome list right there. those angels that you have picked are smaller than the biggest angels. I think either the scribbled (which is what i would get), the regal, majestic, or annularis would be the best.
-with that list you have there, i would drop the foxface and get the Harlequin, Hippo tang, Blue throat, Scribbled angel, and Saddleback butterfly(possibly two, maybe)
i dont think that would be overcrowding. cuz in my 150g i have French angel (7 inch), Hippo tang(6 inch), large naso(9-10inch) and small naso, perc clown, and squirrel fish. And they all get along fine.

bigal0221

Thanks for the replies.
I think I have decided and will go with this list and introduce them in the order they are listed. I do plan on adding all fish in a small to medium size.
1) Sargassum Trigger
2) Harlequin Tusk
3) Scribbled Angel
4) Saddleback Butterfly
5) Yellow Tang
Any thoughts? Will the order they are introduced be O.K. if I am adding small to medium fish.
Thanks to everyone for thoughts and suggestions.
Alan

saka bra

i would add the butterfly first because it is the most timid and peaceful of them all, but only if your tank has sufficient water quality and algae for him to eat if he does except prepared foods right away. But honestly at that size, about 3-4 inches, i dont think it would really matter that much.