12G Nanocube reef 2 months old

saltyguy

I got a good deal on this 12G nanocube. It's the older model so it only has the single 24w pc bulb. I plan on upgrading with another 24w retrofit. Finished cycle about a week ago and I am adding some frags I had from my 75 reef. Let me know what u guys thinks so far.

mimzy

oh lovely! just LOVELY!! what's the white thing behind the rocks?
your rockwork is really great!

jacksdad

Very nice! Thes small tanks are so hard to aquascape, you did a really good job. One thing, get yourself a nimble magnet cleaner. They are super small and do a great job in the corners of the nanocubes.
Bob

jacksdad

Originally Posted by Mimzy
hey Jacksdad - do they make nimbles for acrylic tanks?

Mimzy,
I am not sure, but I will check and get back with you.
Bob

mimzy

only 2 hermies??? :scared:
I've got FIVE and it's nowhere near enough. I'm actually picking up some more this weekend (I hope), along with some bubmle bee snails, if I can find 'em.
do u plan on adding fish? A purple firefish or 2 clown gobies would look AWESOME in there!
I love how neat everything looks. Mine's a bit of a mess at the moment.

jacksdad

Originally Posted by Mimzy
hey Jacksdad - do they make nimbles for acrylic tanks?
According to the person who makes the nimble, it is acrylic safe. Check out the website, you should be able figure it out ---nimble.---
Bob

promisetbg

I like the new look,unconventional like mine...very nice!

The only thing I would suggest is tightening up the structure just a bit so a magnet or scraper will be able to get the glass on the right.As algae starts to grow you will want to clean it,and that spot won't be accessible.