12gal nano reef

garrett042

hey this is a pic of my 12gal nano reef it has about 17lbs of lr and a few pieces of coral... also i have some green star polyps in there and there is a piece that i fraged but its so small u cant see it so what else should i do to make this tank look better

garrett042

yea i have 17lbs of lr in there...green star polyps...royal gramma...blue damselfish...3 snails...and a few plants but they are small and thats all i can thank of.
equipment list: 1 96watt coralife fixture, (hob)refuge, 2 powerheads, 1 75watt heater.... and i also have a 24watt refuge light on order and a 20inch moon light strip.

arsen_36

damn your tank is nice! i have a ten gallon. i really like your rocks and how the color matches your sand.... or is it crushed coral? whatever it is it looks great!

garrett042

it's doing just fine....i just put it on a new stand that looks much better than the other one and much sturdier

garrett042

thanks arsen 36 i've did lots of work to get it loking this good....could you post a pic of your 10gal if you will... also i have cc in my 12gal nano reef

arsen_36

i have 2 rio 50 power heads
1 50watt heater (small but works pretty good)
1 aqua clear 20 power filter that i turned into a HOB refuge thanks to reefdude!

1 20 watt 50/50 coral life actinics
about 20lbs of live rock
10lbs of live sand
a hair algea out brake

no live stock except a yellow sponge i got as a hitchiker
and has cycled and up and running for a little over two months
well there it is! not much but i put a great deal of work into it. i used to have a purple psuedochromis in there but he killed any other fish i put in with him so i sold him. i dose weekly with vitachem and thats all folks

arsen_36

NEW FISH!! GOT IT TODAY!!

some type of hawk fish..... anyone know what it is? it's about 1.5 in long and very fat! got him for 6 bucks. it was just labeled "hawk fish" so i don't know :notsure:

swishy

Arsen 36....so how do you go about makeing a filter into a refug? I have a ten as well and i think it could use more filtration, i am tired of doing one to two water changes a week.
I think I should get more rock, because i only have 10lbs...I am just nervose to do that because my last tank the bottom fell out....total disaster,
but somehow only lost a jawfish and hermits and snails.
Nice tank thou, i like the rock set up, i gotta redo mine somehow, it isnt working too well. :happyfish

reefdude37

look on page 2 of the nano tread and find "Attention arsen 36" Its a link that explains how to do it, also you can search for "HOB refuge" on this site

darthlobi

Thats a spotted Hawkfish. I just picked one up last week at my LFS. He is awesome. He follows me around the tank like a dog or cat.

arsen_36

Originally Posted by swishy
Arsen 36....so how do you go about makeing a filter into a refug? I have a ten as well and i think it could use more filtration, i am tired of doing one to two water changes a week.
I think I should get more rock, because i only have 10lbs...I am just nervose to do that because my last tank the bottom fell out....total disaster,
but somehow only lost a jawfish and hermits and snails.
Nice tank thou, i like the rock set up, i gotta redo mine somehow, it isnt working too well. :happyfish
yeah dude heres the link!
http://www.coralforum.com/about6754.html
trust me.... it helps! good luck