14g Opinion

cocoacf

I'm not aware every fish out there, so I thought I'd ask you guys! I'm looking for a cool fish to put in my 14 g biocube. The LFS said two clowns + one or two other fish is best for a 14 g. I'm trying to stay away from damsels, and common small fish.
Right now I'm planning on:
- Two baby TR Ocellaris clowns
- Fire shrimp
- Snailshermit; the CUC.
What are some cool fish you guys would suggest?
I'm thinking a blue tang, eh??

jk! (for all you tang police)

granny

Remember, you have a very very small tank and the clowns will grow pretty quickly.
If you have a sand substrate and live rock, I would suggest one of the blennies-you would have to feed live worms or brine if you get a scooter blenny. The small gobies are also perfect for a tank this size. Just remember to start slowly-just one fish after you have cycled.
Good luck.

cocoacf

I was told clowns are best started off in pairs.. or if it's single to add a new one more quickly than not...
I'm kind of interested in a Wrasse...
But again, I'm looking for a less known, but very cool fish
(of course)

funkysean5

If you are wanting a pair a clowns, ocellaris are your best bet like you suggested. A fish like a small goby or blenny will be okay with it too. And by the way clownfish are damsels.

i know you say to stay away from the damsels, but the green chromis are actually very entertaining and are not very aggressive. Mine sleeps next to my clown goby or next to my fire fish every night. the are great fish.

subielover

I say one clown and a type of goby. In my 14 gallon, I have one ocellaris and a sixline and I am maxed out. Just not a big tank for fish, stick with coral

cocoacf

Saw a cool fairy wrasse at a LFS today... Is that too big?
I seem to remember people putting 6 line wrasses in their biocubes?

cal559

Fairy Wrasse are okay make sure it's a small one though max 3 inches or under...
But if i were you i would do a yasha goby or a hi fin banded goby with a pistol shrimp because there not much swimmers but very entertaining to watch...

spanko

In that tank I would suggest a Possum Wrasse. Wetmprella spp. Size: Up to 2½ inches

However as with any Wrasse you will need to put some sort of cover on your tank to prevent carpet surfing and the eventual fish jerky.

bill109

Originally Posted by cal559
http:///forum/post/2902873
Fairy Wrasse are okay make sure it's a small one though max 3 inches or under...
But if i were you i would do a yasha goby or a hi fin banded goby with a pistol shrimp because there not much swimmers but very entertaining to watch...
Yasha for sure..
they are not common and can be pricey but def a beautiful fish.
i have a black and white OC and a false perc in my 90. the combo of the orange and black cathes the eye as well. i will get some pics for ya if you would like