150, 175, 250??

liverock27

I am in the planning stages of setting my 29g back up and I have everything figured out for the refug/sump and plumbing, but I am lost on which lighting I should buy. Is there such thing as too much light? I am looking at a setup with 2x65w Actinics and either one 150w, 175w, or 250w MH. I am worried that the 250w might be an over kill and also about the temperature. Any help yall can give me about this would be great. Thanks yall.

laddy

What are the dimension of the 29? I guess its a relative term weather or not that will be too much lighting because it all depends on what you want to keep......but just by guessing, it does sound like a lot of light.

liverock27

I don't have the tank in front of me, but I do know that it is the heigth of a 20gallon regular and the length of a 20gallon long. I am thinking about going with the 150w MH, alot less money, but if I ever wanted to keep acropora and montipora(I am keeping caps under 96watt powerquad in a 10gallon and they are growing, slowly) I am not sure if that would be enough light for them.