150 agressive fish options

dave_15

hey...im gettin a 150 for christmass and was wondering what agressive fish i can put in there...i was thinkin puffers, lions, eels, groupers ect.

cartman101

ok so u r getting a 150gal tank, cool. Puffers and lions aren't really compatible but there are some puffers that can work. There are lots of eels that can work to same with groupers! Check this list out and see what you think:
EEL: Choose from alot of speicies, what eel you looking for?
LION: you could get a volitan,dwarf,radiata, or antennata
PUFFERS: i had a striped puffer in with my lion and they did very good, so a dogface puffer or toby puffer is your best bet, i wouldn't reccomend a porcupine.
GROUPER: i would choose the miniatus(sp?) grouper very colorful.
Tell me what you are planning on adding to the tank and i will definitly help you out!

cartman101

Originally Posted by pitbull01
Get a radiata! they are AWESOME!
I totaly agree! Though they are hard to ween to frozen foods

dave_15

for ure would like
1 yellowhead moray
1 volitian, rediata or antennata lion
1 puffer (stars and stipes or dogface)
1 panthe grouper
1-2 triggers (niger and humahuma or blue throat...clown or queen if possible)
1 tang (hippo or yellow)

dave_15

maybe if i can i can add a zebra, white eye or some other smaller moray. and maybe another tang if possible

cartman101

panther groupers get HUGE!!!!!!!! You need more then 180gals for that fish. Triggers could work, i think a tang would get to stressed out with the agressive fish, i could be wrong, i'm just scared that if they get ich then ich could go on the other fish, up to you

dave_15

1 yellowhead moray
1 puffer (stars and stipes or dogface)
1-2 triggers (niger and humahuma or blue throat...clown or queen if possible
would this work? would i be able to add another fish ?

cartman101

I just typed a very long post and then my computer rebooted! :mad: :mad: Ok, now on with your question again

How about this:
-yellow head
-lion(your choice)
-puffer(THEY ARE EXTREMELY MESSY EATERS AND WHEN THEY POOP THEY POOP! S0 HAVE FILTRATION RATED FOR A 200GAL+ TANK OK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
)
-Trigger( i would reccomend a niger or bluethroat, they are the "nicer" triggers and probably will not give your lion a hard time)
Just make sure to add the lion first then the puffer or trigger in any order( just because if you add the lion last the trigger and puffer will have its territory set up and will probably pick on the lion.) Make sure you have plenty of rock work and excellent filtration. If i were you and if you saw a trigger in a tank in with a lion at a pet store and the lion had no nips in the fin i would choose that trigger. If you were to drop the puffer you could have probably 2 more fish in your tank, *REMEMBER THOSE FISH YOU CHOOSEN WILL GET BIG AND WILL USE UP THE SWIMMING SPACE* Good luck and have fun

dave_15

soo by da way what fish would i be able to get if i droped the puffer, lion or trigger?
i have done some research and i choose to go with a filter for a 200-300 gallon tank (since they are messy eaters)...hopefully my parents by me the filter i want .
also what has the most personality puffer, trigger or lion?
thanks

cartman101

if you really want the puffer go for it, they have the most personality and are really fun to watch! I'm saying if thats your fish line up you cant add any more fish. If you drop the puffer you could get a wrasse and another fish, dunno whcih kind you would have to research that. Researching is very important, i reccomend going to this sitewetwebmedia.com

dave_15

Code:
[pre]PUFFERS: i had a striped puffer in with my lion and they did very good, so a dogface puffer or toby puffer is your best bet, i wouldn't reccomend a porcupine.[/pre]
wats wrong with porcupine?

dave_15

1 yellowhead moray
1 niger trigger
and some other fish (what would you reccommend?)

cartman101

first thing first, they will get too big for a 150gal, they may look small at the pet store, but when full grown....well lets just say put a NFL football in your tank, ta da! Theres what a full grown porc will look like. Second, they are fin nippers and i know some people where there porc thered apart there dwarf and v.lionfish.

cartman101

Originally Posted by DAVE_15
1 yellowhead moray
1 niger trigger
and some other fish (what would you reccommend?)
What do I reccomend???
What do you really want???????

dave_15

not sure
...but would like something colorful :joy: :jumping: ...maybe some other moray or another lion?

cartman101

-yellowhead eel
-volitan lion
-harliquin tusk or another lion if you want
-bluethroat trigger or niger(niger will grow a little more bigger and a blue throat is the nicest trigger of all)
-another eel (got any suggestions? Maybe a zebra?)