150 to 210 gallon reef finally complete!!!

lion_crazz

Originally Posted by jamiehag
Tank looks great love the fish do you know that a batfish can get to 3 feet in height? I had looked at one but decided against it because of the size they can get.
Actually, I looked it up and the orbic batfish only gets to be 15-18 inches so I am okay.
Thank you for your compliments.

just1nk4ng

Originally Posted by jamiehag
After 2 years in this hobby my wife and I have upgraded our 150 gallon to a 210 all-glass reef ready tank, many weeks in planning, months of reading these boards and a long 3 day conversion weekend and here’s the results, by the way if anyone is curious we have nearly 6K into this setup and both of us at 23 just starting out was a big financial strain,
equipment list
210 reef reedy all-glass aquarium w/ stand
72" coralife aqualight pro (3 150 watt 10k HQI MH, 4 96 watt actinic PC & 5 lunar lights)
1 UPS power backup capable of running 1 of the 2 return pumps for about an hour.
2 newtek dual digital timer power strips (went through 2 of the coralife dual timers with both failing needless to say I had enough of them)
2 350 watt pro heat II heaters with digital water temp indicator
1 Tunze wavebox (this thing is amazing at making natural water current!!!)
1 aqua c 180 skimmer
3 quiet one 3000 pumps one for skimmer 2 for returns.
custom built 65 gallon sump with 5 gallon auto kalk tank and small fuge built in under stand.
1 Kent marine RO/DI hi-S maxxima 60GPD
And now the livestock
1 Naso tang (Wilma)
1 blue tang (Dori)
1 yellow tang
1 copper band butterfly (Pinocchio)
1 flame angel (flame)
mated pair of maroon clowns
mated pair of banggi cardinals
6 blue/green chromis
1 fire fish goby
1 orange spotted diamond goby
1 bubble tip anemone
1 decorator crab
12 electric blue crabs
1 queen conch
many scarlet, zebra, blue legged and red legged crabs
to many snails to list
and many assorted corals
Light cycle pics
dawn-dusk 11:00am-9:00pm
10k Daylignt 12:30pm-7:30pm
moonlights/fuge lighting 9:00pm-11:00-am
We would appreciate any comments and or suggestions on our setup, and THANKS for all the help and great info along the way we have learned a great deal from these boards