150g - 5ft tank full package

mazzymadde

How does this sound for a 150g tank, with a pln to hold alot of corals, inverts nd of coure fish.
5x2x2 Tank with lids and foam, Cabinet 80cm high and Halide style hood 50cm high
Double mini reef set up larger size (1220x460x460)
Including 400 bio balls, four bio sponge mats, filter wool, 2x spinning arms and 2x inlet hoses
2x Bulk heads and twin weir built into the tank and 45mm holes at the bottom.
Up graded Submersible pump rated at 4000l/Hr at 4 meters (SP9500), return hose,
500w titanium heater with external sensor. Digital thermometer.
Super Shark I with two 150w metal halides and 2x54w T5 blue lights with twin plugs and cooling fans
JS 200 Venturi style skimmer rated at 1000Lt and 2800L/Hr pump(SP 6000)
3x 1400L/Hr power heads (SP 2500)
Tanks come with a 10 year warranty
Cabinets and hoods have a 3 year warranty non stained and 5 year stained on delivery.
How much do u think this would cost, and do u think there is anything there i could scrap to save money or add, to produce a beter tank ?
For example could i get a fug and sump combined?
thx for your help

oceana

the lack of responce is due to the lingo used. heck even i dont understand half of what that means.
what do you mean lids and foam?
and also Double mini reef set up larger size (1220x460x460)
from what i read i see this
150 gallon tank
stand and hood with glass lids
dual over flows with wetdry filter
dual bio wheels
mag style pump
mh/ t5 lighting
skimmer
a few power heads
if this is the case to build this set up i would expect to spend around 1400 for every thing brand new or around 500 for a used set up

dogstar

Lets translate.....I think,
150g 60 x 24 x 24 inch tank
Glass tops
foam ???
31 inch high stand
20 inch high hood w/ lights
wey/dry sump 49 x 18 x 18 w/ 400 bio balls, four bio sponge mats, filter wool, 2x spinning arms and 2x inlet/drain hoses
Two built in overflows w/ 1 inch bulkheads, bottom drilled
1040 GPH return pump at 4 ft. head w/ hoses
500w titanium heater with external sensor. Digital thermometer
Built in retro fit or fixture ?? lighting in hood is two 150w metal halides and 2x54w T5 blue lights with twin plugs and cooling fans
Venturi style skimmer rated for 260g tank w/ 720 GPH pump
3 additional 364 GPH powerheads
IMO, it sounds like a good set up for a reef ( if quality brand stuff ) but the skimmer is too small, return pump should be bigger too.....and one more metal halide bulb would be best to cover the complete tank for a full reef. Sump sounds long enough to build in a fuge yourself....

mazzymadde

lol, i live in Australia so alot of the terms i use vary from what you might use over in the US :p
What size skimmer and return pump do you suggest i get then i these re too small ???

pat713

You might also need a chiller. Doesn't it reach 90s - 100s over there?
Plus, 1400 seems quite low to me. Could be my location though? Everything here has shot up almost double since Katrina, people got make up the money they lost ya know...
Here, the tank and stand would set you back roughly $2000 u.s.
Don't know how prices are by you... try to find a LFS and ask them how prices are there.