150w MH Sunpod

meehan6587

I was wondering if anyone could post some pics of their nano's with just the 150w MH Sunpod. I am looking to upgrade my lighting in my 29g biocube and feel as though this light is the best option for the amount of money i am willing to pay. So if someone could send me some pics of their setup with jus the 150w MH Sunpod that would be great. Thanks.

michaeltx

not the sunpod but this is of the coralife 150 so its simliar to wait you are looking at. this is under 14K and on a 58 gallon tank.
Mike

meehan6587

Thanks for the replies, I am now set on buying the Sunpod. Now my next obstacle is whether to buy the 20" 150w MH sunpod, or the 250w mh sunpod. I am wondering if there is a major visual difference, and if 250w on a 29g biocube is going to cause too many problems for example heat or too much light. Replies would be appreciated. Thanks.

michaeltx

I would not go with 250 it will cause heat issues and can burn your livestock the 150 I have is on my 58 gallon tank and is a great light.
Mike

codylowe

Here is a picture of the 250watt version... I have the 20" also and it's for sale. The tank is a 44gallon pentagon... I upgraded to a 110 gallon a few weeks ago.

nietzsche

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
but would you put that light on a 29 gallon bio tank?
Mike
no but he just mentions it so someone will buy it

codylowe

Originally Posted by MichaelTX
but would you put that light on a 29 gallon bio tank?
Mike
I probably wouldn't. It's a little much for that size of tank. However, if it is high enough off the water, there shouldn't be any problems.
Originally Posted by nietzsche

no but he just mentions it so someone will buy it

Remember, he is the one that asked about it. I am just offering.

groupergenius

Have any of ya'll changed out the 14K bulb to anything else? I'm curius to see how the tank would look with a 20K bulb.

michaeltx

I havent but actually plan to when I need to change out the bulb the 14k works for me but want to try a different K rating and se what hapens.
Mike