16 Gal - can I have your feedback?

smilliej

Hi, I am slowly getting my tank setup after a few learning disasters. Im not too sure about my aquascaping, and would like some feedback.
Current inhabitants:
1 twinspot goby
1 singaport angel
6 spotted shrimp
2 turbo snails
Can someone please also help identify the pink coral in the last picture. Thanks so much.
Here is is:
Jenny

sac10918

Hi Jenny...
I am new to this hobby so I can't tell you what the last coral is but I can say that your aquascaping seems okay to me, except for the one rock that is angled up in the back looks like it might be unstable? Maybe it is just the pics. I also wanted to say that you have great aquaphotography! Keep up the good work

smilliej

Yes, your probably right about the rock being unstable, I'll try and shift it down to a more secure spot tonight. Thanks for the comment on the photography, I love it!

braad

Originally Posted by alyssia
Is that coral a frogspawn or torch?
im leaning towards torch but who knows... :notsure:

smilliej

I did some looking around and i think it's a torch.
Any suggestions for another coral species that is hardy and happy in the aqurium. My tank is a bit bare and I want concentrate on corals rather than fish, only a 16gal.
Thanks.
Jen

devilboy

well first off what is your lighting? then from there we can decide what corals you can keep.
along with that, did you do any research on your singapore angel before buying it? the require a bigger tank then a 16g tank. and they may not be reef safe.

sac10918

I have a 12 gallon aquapod. I have few different corals in there but the one coral that seems to be doing the best is the star polyp coral (I think that is what it is called). It is really pretty, I have heard it described as a psychedelic lawn. Maybe you can look into this coral and see if it would work for your tank?