175 watt retro halide for sale or trade.

bobby03

I have a 175 watt halide that is too much for my 29 gal tank. It comes with a hamilton ballis in a black box with a switch, 6 month old 14k bulb, and socket. It works great and is in use right now, but heats my tank too much. The ballast has a PFO quick connect but I don't have a PFO ballast so I opened the box and wired in a regular wire. It can be changed back very easily if you want, but it works great just the way it is. I want to trade this for a 24 to 36 inch set of t-5 or 24 to 36 inch set of pc's plus boot like shipping, or maybe we can work something else out. If you want to buy it out right I'll let it go for 80.00 plus shipping.

bobby03

Here is the bulb and socket.

Ballast and wire I ran.

Ballast and PFO connet that is still attached, but not hooked up.

bobby03

No they were just taken.LOL I just hav'nt reset the camera. There is no reflector with it. I just have it mounted in there. The only thing I got for it is the ballast bulb socket and all wiring. Been on the tank for about 6 months and the corals do not mind not having a reflector.

blcard

I might consider trading. I have a pair of 36" T5 10K about 6 mo. old. They're the small 21 watts. Good for fish only, softies, zoos, etc.