175w MH over 29g?

thegrog

Originally Posted by Bluemantr
Would it be ok to use 175w mh with 65w PC actinic over 29 gallon tank?
Thanks
I had that exact setup over my 29 when I had it up and running. Worked great! I broke the tank down as I don't have time (or a location for the tank after the move) to keep everything up and the 29 got merged into my 125 reef.
I still have the oak canopy that has the 175MH with 65wpc and moonlights if interested.

bluemantr

My tank is bowfront, i dont think your canopy will fit on it :( I saw your post before. I wish i didnt buy bowfront tank at the first place. Thanks for the offer

krazekajin

I think I just posted this on another of your threads.
But I have a 29g with an odyssea 175w MH and 2 65wPC and I love it.

bluemantr

Originally Posted by KrazeKajin
I think I just posted this on another of your threads.
But I have a 29g with an odyssea 175w MH and 2 65wPC and I love it.
How far you place it from water surface? Any heat issue?

maximus152

Originally Posted by TheGrog
I had that exact setup over my 29 when I had it up and running. Worked great! I broke the tank down as I don't have time (or a location for the tank after the move) to keep everything up and the 29 got merged into my 125 reef.
I still have the oak canopy that has the 175MH with 65wpc and moonlights if interested.
was just curious on how much you might want for the canopy

thegrog

Originally Posted by maximus152
was just curious on how much you might want for the canopy
Asking $200 (plus shipping if not in Chicago area). That includes canopy, bulbs, reflector, ballasts, power supplies....everything!
Email if interested or want more info thejediray@aol.com

krazekajin

Originally Posted by Bluemantr
How far you place it from water surface? Any heat issue?

I have it about 8 in from surface of the water. I do have some heat issues as my tank will get to about 82degrees, but I have learned that if I turn a fan on in my office I will decrease the temp to a constant 79-80 degrees.
Also both of my fans in my light have burnt out and I have not replaced them yet. I know once I replace them, my heat issue will be better.

bluemantr

My Canopy isnt that high. 175w halide is over 5-6" from water surface. I have 2 fans running I didnt have any heat issue until now. Would it be ok if i keep it that high? And the ballast is dimmable i put it on lowest. Would it be ok to acclimation corals to lights this way? I mean move dimm little up once a week?
Thanks