180 Gallon Ich Filled Tank for Sale

coachklm

see ... you cant dismiss this hobby mystic it's already in your blood... when your having problems....search the net for people with bigger problems.... it helps turn that frown upside down ..lol

olga

Originally Posted by mystic7
If you've just recently done a water change, wait until hubby installs the R/O.
Believe me, I'm the last person you should be taking water clearing lessons from! But let me ask again, did you vacuum the bottom of the tank when you did your water change? I have a feeling you're going to be pulling up tons of brown stuff. If you didn't, DO IT! And stick a .50 micron filter pad in your filters (9 bucks for enough to make 3 pads, reusable) to get out as much of the aragonite dust as possible.

Mystic, I will be very happy to achieve same level of cleanliness as in your tank.
Oh, yes, I did vacuumed sand. Water become cloudy after it, but then its settled. There is a difference of cloudiness from the sand disturbance, and my other usual cloudiness which is milky hazy with a yellow tinge.
I am using Pulyfilter pads in my both filters, which guy in the shop advised. (apart of numerous other media) I can't stuff my filters with more media which I already had.
I will change water today, because its probably will takes days before my RO unit will be installed, plus few days to collect water. Then I will have another change with RO water.
I am starting to giving up now.

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by mystic7
btw, one frag, I don't know the name but it has stalks and a hand like thing that pulsates, seems to have not made it. It's kind of retracted and not pulsating, and it's kind of lavender/light purple when it was light brown/yellowish in Tizzo's tank. Do these things go dormant for a day or so, or is it dead?
The hand like thing is a polyp and it may take a few days for it to onpen up in your tank. You are referring to the xenia, not sure if it's the blue or the pompom, they will be fine, just give them some time.