180 gallon tank skimmer?

fatcat

I have seen the Deltec AP-851 in action on my friends 200gal with a 90gal sump/fuge reef tank and it kicks butt.
They are rated for 400gal normal stock 270gal heavy stock.

m0nk

I have an Octopus NW200. It skims real well and I've got some tangs, a school of chromis, and bunch of other fish, plus mostly SPS and LPS coral.
Edit: also have a 180g/

matt b

MSX skimmers are the best bang for the buck right now. No skimmer can out skim it for the price and watts it uses. I have a 200 on my 180 SPS reef and love it. IMO the only skimmers that could out perform are skimmers such as deltec and bubble king. Which are VERY pricey.

bullitr

murph145 had a asm g4 on his 180 a look at the results .the construction was cheap but very good skimmer i still use my g4 on my 300/ 450 mixed reef currently and it does it purpose i just put the overflow return directly on the pump and it does wonder. i am not in a hurry to upgrade yet

puffy_fish

I really like the MSX skimmers, but I need to decide whether to go with the 200 or 250. The 200 is a lot cheaper and I think is what I am going to go with. Tank is 175 gallons with a 75 gallon sump.

joncat24

If you have the room for it, I would go with the 250 on that size of a tank with a big sump.

grubsnaek

Originally Posted by PUFFY_FISH
http:///forum/post/2830440
I really like the MSX skimmers, but I need to decide whether to go with the 200 or 250. The 200 is a lot cheaper and I think is what I am going to go with. Tank is 175 gallons with a 75 gallon sump.
if it helps. i have a 125DT with a 55g sump. i say i have around 160g of water volume. i am getting the MSX 200 for my system. so i think the MSX200 would be fine....

bullitr

its made by octopus? you think its better than there 300 recirculating series.it a lot cheaper than reeflo orca i might consider it if i upgrade on my skimmer.

matt b

Originally Posted by PUFFY_FISH
http:///forum/post/2830396
MSX 200 or 250?
I have a 200 on my 180 reef with 40 sump and wish I had gotten the 250. The 200 works great but I really think I should have gotten the 250. It really depends on how much of a bio load you are going to have.