180 gallon

primetime

I have a 195 and I have just started stocking it.
1 Violitan Lion
1 Dog Face Puffer
2 perc Clowns
1 Scooter Blenny
1 Engineer Goby
1 Huge Hermit Crab
4 "Dam" Damsels (couldnt get em out!)

4 Sand Fleas (My Puffer likes these for snacks when they pop out of the sand)
That's it for now..... The Dog Face Puffer is a real messy eater.
And be careful if you get snails.. They think they are treats.
Enjoy:D

lion_crazz

primetime, that is a great stock list so far. Sounds like your tank is off to a great start.
fishy411, I have no experience with keeping russel's, so I couldn't give an opinion on them. Is that a Russel's in your pic?

fishy411

Originally posted by lion_crazz
primetime, that is a great stock list so far. Sounds like your tank is off to a great start.
fishy411, I have no experience with keeping russel's, so I couldn't give an opinion on them. Is that a Russel's in your pic?

Yeah thats a russells. It is conogre's. ( or whatever his username is these days)
PuffrBware- Just think of a place were they sell both sw and fw fish. Dr/ Fosters and Smith

dan87

Triggers are aggressive towards lions? I had a Picasso and Niger in with a volitan and they never bothered eachother. even when they were feeding.
If I had that large of a tank I would definetly make sure to put a Lionfish, Prefereably Vol, and a cool Eel. Like a Green Moray, though I think they need a 300 atleast if i remember correctly. Eels are really cool just to have in tanks, and Lions swimming and hunting is fun to watch IMO.

primetime

My Damsels seem to get along with the Lionfish still..:notsure:
And they are really small compared to the Lion. I keep waiting till the day he has a yellow tail hanging out of his mouth like a cigar

If you do get a Puffer and a Lion. Wathc it during feeding times.
I feed my Lion first with a nice size silverside and proceded to feed the puffer. And out of no where this large finned creature snagged it right out of the mouth of the puffer. Talking about being hungry. I dont even think the Lion had the first all the way down his throat yet.
It was rather funny seeing two fish tails sticking out of his mouth

The JOYS of having an aggressive tank. Never a dull moment in the neighborhood. :hilarious

jon.316

Yea its great isn't it when u see em wrestle for food like that....I hand feed my wrasses (6 inch tusk & 7 inch lunare) with prawn shrimps. They both jump out of the water and nip at each other a lil to get to it. The only thing i'm worried about is either one may jump right out of the tank one day or the tusk is gonna bite a piece of ma finger off. LOL
:eek:

connor

my picasso, clown trig., and dragon wrasse come up to the top when i feed them i put 3 in the water at the same time they go get there own, once i held a shrimp above the water and the picasso jumped out of the water and bit me! it kinda hurt :D lol

lionfish99

If you have a 180 long you could put a cat shark or a bamboo shark. but you could only put 1 with a few rocks and thats it. If you really have a love for sharks (like I do but the budget won't allow it) You could go that way. But you could only put the shark and a few rocks notting else.

jer4916

someone at the top stated you cant have a trigger with a lion. this a completely false comment i have a v-lion and a niger trigger in my tank and they get along just fine, and there both decently sized..and there in a 55..now the 55 is a temp home, there new home in about 2 weeks will be a 125 gallon tank.
but yeah..be sure when giving information that its correct :)

oceana

the info given on trigger and lion is correct.
Just becasue someone keeps a clown in a tank with a shark does that means its correct?? its all about ther personality of each fish but when giving advice you have to give it with an over all veiw on a particular type of fish.
Heck in my tank i have a 5 inch saddle back clown that beat the crap out of clown trigger and I had to remove it. he bites silvers sides in half with one bite. this does not mean all clowns are evil lol. just mine

jer4916

my fish dont go near eachother in the least nor do they even seem to know eachother exsist. i have friends that keep triggers and lions and they have no problems.