180 help

prohopper

My friends dad just bought a 180. I am looking for some sugestions as to what to put in it. From what i understand, this tank is just on the border line of being too small for a shark. He is looking to do an agressive tank and maybe some of you can give me some sugestions as to what it can be stocked with. I was thinking some kind of ray, a lion and maybe a trigger. Let me know what you all think and also can good filtration be acomplished without a sump/wet-dry?

nickfish

Ditch the trigger and you will be fine with some of the smaller rays and a bamboo shark. A lion is a perfect choice for that size tank. Gasguzzler should be able to help you out with some types of sharks and rays you can do.

tome

why ditch the trigger? will he be too agressive towards the other fish in there?
Ditch the trigger because he will harrass the ray. He could even kill it.

psusocr

if you go buy the book aquarium sharks and rays at just about any good bookstore, it will not only tell you what kind of sharks and rays you can keep in your tank but the exact requirements etc. its well worth the buy.
im sure youll get alot of great help on here also

lilstrup

ok a bamboo shark in a 180 will only work for about 2 years so please don't buy them if u can't house them for life but rays would be fine