180 inwall reef... finially some pics

oceana

Not bad. Is that a newer tank??
Some suggestions if wanted are
Trim around the tank opening. A nice dental molding of some sort comes to mind.
Painting the tank back would make a huge difference.
Maybe some rock formation adjustments.
Don’t get me wrong it is nice as is but some things jump out

jayc

Looks good! Would look better with trim or something around the tank. But it still is awesome.
:cheer:

puffer32

Heres how molding will look, your tank looks great! The molding will make it look awesome! Te back is painted blue.

robchuck

Nice work bud!
What are your plans for trim around the opening? I just finished the trim work around my tank a few weekends ago after leaving it for several weeks, and was amazed at how much better the tank looked with the trim.
Please tell us more about your beautiful setup! And more pics too!

fishman830

yeah, my moms still figuring out what she wants around the tank, what trim.
and if any of you remember, this is my step up from that swampy 125 gallon tank i had 2 years ago this fall.. you remember cyano ridden tank, with no live rock?
now it's a 180 w/ 310 lbs of lr

A

andretti

Looks godd but I agree that you need to paint a black or blue :notsure: background on it. I like the way blue looks, but black hides powerheads, heaters, overflows, algae growth, and ????. And maybe some different rock work. It took me about 20 different times before I liked my aquascaping (rockwork) set-up. Something always just didn't look right. I drove my wife and kids crazy
with my constant tinkering.

fishman830

to be honest, i really don't wanna paint the back, i love being able to see the creatures that hide amongst the rocks, i can usuaully see them during the day, and it's easier to move stuff in an inwall, when you know where you're goin' instead of being blindand i like the rock work now

old yeller

I didn't want to paint the back of my tank either but in the end, black it was! :yes: You might want to consider removable panels, which was what I had planned but having a closed-loop, it would've been difficult with two intakes on the back glass. Oh yeah, trim will make a huge difference as well. Keep up the good work! Here's a pic of my in-wall. Hopefully, it'll help give you some ideas about trim.

old yeller

Originally Posted by jam marine
old yeller,that is sweeeeeeeeeet

Thanks guys!
I just started adding livestock this week so I'll be starting a new thread all about the tank.
Originally Posted by Andretti

Nice rockwork Old Yeller...no substrate?
LOL! I was highly criticized on other boards on the rockwork. Glad you like it!:)
Yes, it is a barebottom tank. Hopefully, maintenance will be much easier this time around.
OYT

jayc

Originally Posted by Old Yeller
Thanks guys!
I just started adding livestock this week so I'll be starting a new thread all about the tank.
LOL! I was highly criticized on other boards on the rockwork. Glad you like it!:)
Yes, it is a barebottom tank. Hopefully, maintenance will be much easier this time around.
OYT
I duno why someone would criticized the rockwork, I think it looks great!

mimzy

three words:
FAB - U - LOUS!!!!!! :cheer:
Pix with inhabitants, please!!! :jumping: :jumping:

chypriss

I think the no substrate looks awsome.
The people that are critizing you are probably jealous that there tanks are as phat as yours. :yes: Also as said before the trim work is amazing, it also looks like it is under a stair well from the upper left portion of the picture...I maybe wrong.

old yeller

Originally Posted by Chypriss
Also as said before the trim work is amazing, it also looks like it is under a stair well from the upper left portion of the picture...I maybe wrong.
Excellent guess! :)

Inhabitants are in but it will be a few more weeks before I add my sps'.
Thanks again and new thread should be up by this weekend.
OYT

K

kimc

Very, very nice... and creative use of moldings!!! I'm not to sure about barebottom... but still very nice... :yes: