180 reef in progress

tonysearsjr

This is my 180 build project. Planning for a mixed reef with many fish. Equipment so far is:
Lighting-Nova 12x38w t5ho 72"
Skimmer- ASM G3 with sedra 5000
Heating- eheim 300w
Circulation- 4x Hydor Evo 750 gph
Sump-25 gallon wet dry with balls removed
Return pump- mag18
I bought this system from a buddy and moved it about 70 miles. I reused everything water and all. I kept the fishing corals in a 40B while the little mini cycle done it course. All is back in and well now a week later.
Here's few pics to get things started

Current ideas are moving the sump to the basement and using a 100 gallon stock tank and possibly a 45 long as refugium. Any and and input is welcomed and appreciated. Thanks for viewing

acrylic51

Looks like your off to a good start.....Moving the sump and such to the basement would be a cool idea....Increases water volume....Might quiet things a bit....I see your buddy was still running the ASM stock....No mods to the output for tuning purposes......
If you move things to the basement might have to upgrade the return pump depending on the head........Just some thoughts!!!!!!!!!!

tonysearsjr

I added the new ASM skimmer he had an aqua c remora on it lol and I agree with ya on the return pump be switching to a mag 24.

tonysearsjr

Well the latest news as of tonight. Sump rack is built tanks are set and some electrical is complete. Getting closer.

Thanks for viewing. HAPPY REEFING