1journeyman

watson3

Are you kidding..Have you read some of the threads recently...Pray for my sick cat, etc..You of all people....

1journeyman

Watson, the Aquarium is a forum for off-topic threads.
It is NOT a forum for insulting other people. That's where you crossed the line. My email box was full of "reported post" emails. They were in reference to your posts.
When you start telling people people "Don't call yourself a Republican because you're _____" and therefore not worthy of being a Republican... come on. Did you really think we could let that go?

watson3

Originally Posted by sepulatian
What exactly is that supposed to mean?
? There really is a thread asking for prayers for a sick cat...

watson3

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
Did you really think we could let that go?
I knew you would know what I meant..But no, I guess it is not just you, and sometimes we must give in to "them"...I will tone it down, but you have to hear the whole trial before you rule...

sepulatian

Originally Posted by watson3
? There really is a thread asking for prayers for a sick cat...
Which I replied to and have said several prayers for. Maybe some people don't consider pets as members of the family, but I do. I also know how much it hurts when they are sick. The power of prayer is strong. I am sorry if you don't feel that way.

watson3

Originally Posted by Phixer
There coming for you Mr Anderson. Majority always rules whether its right or wrong.
:help:

1journeyman

I understand.
The thing to remember, however, is that this is SWF's forum. All members are welcome.
The thread wasn't locked because people disagreed with each other. It was locked and your posts deleted because you attacked another poster.
The old "you attract more flies with honey" saying applies around here. State your opinions without insulting other posters please :happyfish

watson3

Originally Posted by 1journeyman
State your opinions without insulting other posters please :happyfish

phixer

I always though you attracted more flies with dog sh** probably why the controversial threads are so much fun IMO. Its amusing to watch how some folks try to influence the moderators by playing a subtle game of patronization and suck up attempting to subconciencioulsy influence or sway their viewpoints. Behavioral studies have been done on this tactic and over time it is proven to work through repetition and association. Snakes for example
For instance if someone constantly complains it's easy to associate the complaint with truth due to repetition whether it's true or not. Popularity and saying whats right are often unrelated. Its interesting how some like to pretend that they are victims when proven wrong. They know this, are experts at manipulation and have mastered this tactic, they are able to control many forms of communication this way. In reality it is thier own lack of intellect or skill to factually support an opposing viewpoint.

watson3

Originally Posted by Phixer
to subconciencioulsy influence or sway their viewpoints. Behavioral studies have been done on this tactic and over time it is proven to work through repetition and association.
Very well written Phixer..Have I mentioned lately how much I enjoy your avatar...You are always so well spoken in your posts, and I always make it a point to read your threads first...