1st 6-pack

sculdermut

My tank is finally filling up.
"Orange" Ric that looks more pink to me.
Oh, yeah, I forgot to mention it has three mouths!

sculdermut

Two types of Xenia. The top started out as a tiny frag, and in two months, BOOM, they're everywhere. The lower one doesn't grow as fast, but it started out as pretty much an empty rock (it got torn off during shipping).

wrassie86

Cant remember the name off hand.I have it growing in my tank.it forms huge bunches that are easy to keep in check.But i have never had a fish that would eat it.I know its not the answer you were looking for. but it's a cool algea.someone will know what it's called.but growing so close to the mushroom may not be the best spot for it.

wrassie86

I started off with a little piece like you have and within a 6 mos or so it was growing from alot of different spots in the tank.myself i like the way it looks.and if it doe's start to bother the red shroom chances are it will move.my red shroom has moved about a inch in the last few months.
If the algea is rooted good in a hole then it's hard to get rid of if you dont like it.
one thing i have done to control it is get as much out of the hole as possible and cover it with reef glue.that is only if it was bothering corals.
one thing i forgot to mention is, in my tank it is fairly slow growing and easy to prune,but i do have a 20g refuge so it may grow faster in a tank with out one.

wrassie86

I started off with a little piece like you have and within a 6 mos or so it was growing from alot of different spots in the tank.myself i like the way it looks.and if it doe's start to bother the red shroom chances are it will move.my red shroom has moved about a inch in the last few months.
If the algea is rooted good in a hole then it's hard to get rid of if you dont like it.
one thing i have done to control it is get as much out of the hole as possible and cover it with reef glue.that is only if it was bothering corals.
one thing i forgot to mention is, in my tank it is fairly slow growing and easy to prune,but i do have a 20g refuge so it may grow faster in a tank with out one.